Job Title : Wielands Metals - Electrically Biased Maintenance Engineering Apprentice
Employer : Wieland Metals Birmingham Ltd
Location : Aston, West Midlands, B6 5 SA
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Engineering Technician
Sector : Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00098
Brief Description : You will be highly trained to work in the world of manufacturing, the initial training will be broad based leading to a first appointment as an electrical maintenance engineer.
Qualifications Required : Essential – 5 GCSEs at 9 – 4 / A* - C (5 or above preferred), must include maths, English language, and ideally Science, or equivalent related qualification.
Vacancy Detail : Wieland Metals is a leading supplier of copper alloy strip, combining state-of-the-art manufacturing equipment and practices with over 160 years of experience and heritage. Our Company has progressed from a small, family run business at its inception in 1852 to becoming the UK's largest and most up-to-date manufacturer of precision strip, with a prestigious worldwide customer base.
You will be highly trained to work in the world of manufacturing, the initial training will be broad based leading to a first appointment as a multi skilled maintenance engineer with a bias towards electrical.
Any successful applicant would be expected to utilise and enhance their classroom based education by working alongside and supporting fully qualified maintenance engineers on a variety of breakdowns and preventative maintenance. From heavy duty foundry and rolling mill installations to office block and environmental plant modernisation plans, the range of on site work will be challenging, interesting and rewarding.
As an Maintenance Apprentice, you will be:
- Supporting the Engineers with the maintenance of the plant and equipment within the factory in case of machine breakdown or failure. Once faults are identified, you will support the repair process and as your skills grow, you will end your apprenticeship leading this process. Your main focus will be electrical and electronic faults, however you will get training to cover a multitude of issues that can occur to become a multi-skilled maintenance technician.
- Undertaking preventative maintenance tasks to a schedule to ensure that the plant machinery will continue to operate at optimal level
- You will input information into a planned maintenance system, and you will support the collection and analysis of production data, so computer skills will be necessary
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Mon to Fri - 8am to 4.30pm (37.5 hours)
Salary : £170.63 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 20/08/2019
Possible Start Date : 09/09/2019
Personal Qualities : - Enthusiasm for industry
- Thirst for knowledge
Skills Required : - Excellent communication skills
- Able to demonstrate a clear interest to work in the manufacturing sector
Future Prospects : After your apprenticeship, you will progress according to ability
Training to be Provided : • Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham
• NVQ Level 3 in Engineering
• A Technical Certificate (BTEC Diploma Level 3 in Engineering)
• In house training in line with your requirements.
Things to consider : This environment can be relatively noisy and dirty
The map below shows the employer's location