Job Title : Mpac Lambert - Mechatronic Technician - Advanced Apprenticeship
Employer : Mpac Lambert
Location : Coventry, West Midlands, CV4 8HS
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Engineering Technician
Sector : Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00101
Brief Description : A mechatronic technician completes the build & set up special purpose automation in accordance with project build schedules & then aids with the commissioning process. Typically it is then the requirement to install the equipment on the customers premises
Qualifications Required : Grade 4 GSCE’s in Mathematics, Science & English
Vacancy Detail : We are seeking to employ and train 1 apprentice(s).
Work to technical drawings and parts lists
• Timely Meeting of Mpac Lambert and British Quality Standards
• Ensure the build quality of the final product meets the internal and external customer expectations
• Clear communication skills for Allocation of project tasks to team.
• Liaise with Project Engineer, Fitting Team Leader and Assembly Manager.
• Work efficiently and effectively in leading and being part of a build team.
• Proactively identify solutions to build issues and suggest Continuous Improvements.
• Lead and/or assist with installation and commissioning dependant on size of specific Project.
Work to technical drawings and parts lists to assemble project(s) as mechanical build lead or team.
Build/Install Mpac Lambert or customer own design machinery. Manufacture high quality precision
assemblies, machine rebuilds, modifications and refurbishments.
• Be accountable for own time management, liaising with the Team Leader and other build team
members regarding work priorities and progress to ensure schedules are achieved and Mpac
Lambert optimise their on-time delivery performance. Accurately contribute to build review
meetings with all key project stakeholders present.
• Allocation of project tasks for build team members (with Team Leader support when needed).
• Contribute and report project progress/update at weekly/daily meetings.
• Work closely with lead electrician during build to ensure a smooth and efficient build process.
Provide support during the commissioning and acceptance stages to develop and deliver optimum
• Support apprentices and trainees by overseeing tasks/duties and sharing knowledge and
• Ensure completion of all quality gateway documentation on time. This will ensure deliverance of
right first time to both internal and external customers.
• Follow schematics for pneumatics build and P&I diagrams for complete module and machine
build, set up and carry out basic fault finding when necessary.
• Wiring diagrams, motors, servos, basic plc code understanding
• Lead site installations and set-up on machines in the UK or abroad to meet schedule
requirements, carrying out and supporting SAT when necessary.
• Contribute to the department’s continuous improvement programme to ensure the business
provides the highest possible value of service to our customers.
• Ensure that all hours worked are correctly booked including the capture of scrap/rework,
extra to contract and non-project work.
• Responsible for house-keeping activities in work areas maintaining alignment to
Mpac Lambert 6S culture. This will drive a lean and efficient working environment to ensure
Mpac Lambert maintains its competitiveness in the market place.
Undertake fault finding on complex and critical automated machine systems using initiative and detailed
Work safely using correct PPE for all duties.
Safety when commissioning in vicinity of live equipment.
Comply with and monitor Health and Safety requirements to eliminate or reduce risks.
Work with all Mpac Lambert colleagues to ensure compliance with ISO14001, ISO9001 and
OHSAS18001 and support a culture of Lean and Continuous Improvement by complying with
appropriate Standard Operating Procedures. This will ensure that Mpac Lambert retains its
accreditation and maintains its position as a provider of high quality service and that its employees
are working efficiently and safely.
• Work with all Mpac Lambert colleagues to ensure that our internal customer ethos is
delivered and maintained through everything we do including right first time, on time and in full.
• Always demonstrate respect, integrity, trust and excellence in interactions with all colleagues,
customers and suppliers in line with Mpac Lambert’s internal customer programme.
You will be highly trained to work in the world of manufacturing. The initial training will be broad based and could lead to a first appointment as a Mechatronic Technician.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Mon-Thurs 8am-16:30pm Fri 8am-12:30pm Total Hours 37.5 Hours
Salary : £179.45 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 05/09/2019
Possible Start Date : 09/09/2019
Skills Required : Safety Health Environment (SHE)
5. Positive Self Image
1.Concern for Standards
2. Critical Information Seeking
4. Innovative Thinking
5. Continuous Improvement
6. Results Orientation
Training to be Provided : • Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham
• NVQ Level 3 in Engineering
• A Technical Certificate (BTEC Diploma Level 3 in Engineering)
• In house training in line with your requirements.
Other Information : Mpac Lambert have a proven record of progression starting from Mpac Lambert apprentice level.
• Senior Management
• Senior Technician
All of the above are still within Mpac Lambert with the longest serving starting 35 years ago.
The map below shows the employer's location