Job Title : Mpac Lambert - Electrical Technician - Advanced Apprenticeship
Employer : Mpac Lambert
Location : Coventry, West Midlands, CV4 8HS
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Engineering Technician
Sector : Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00102
Brief Description : An electrical technician completes the wiring & testing of special purpose automation in accordance with project build schedules.
Typically it is then the requirement to install the equipment on the customers premises which could be anywhere in the world.
Qualifications Required : Maths, English language, and Science GCSEs at Grade 4/C or above, or equivalent.
Vacancy Detail : We are seeking to employ and train one apprentice. You will be highly trained to work in the world of manufacturing. The initial training will be broad based and could lead to a first appointment as an Electrical Technician.
You will be working with technical drawings & parts lists to assemble projects as a electrical build lead or as part of team. You will wire & test Mpac Lambert automation or the customers own design machinery
Work to technical drawings and parts lists
• Ensure the build quality of the final product meets the internal and external customer expectations by maintaining a high standard of work
• Ability to work to settings documents on assembled modules and overall machinery
• To ensure your work standards meet Mpac-Lambert standards, customer specification or industry best practice
• Work in a timely manner to the build schedule as directed to ensure project milestones are met.
• Effective & clear communication of build issues on a regular basis to your team leaders.
• Liaise with Project Engineer, Electrical Team Leader, Senior Electrical Technician, AS Production Manager and Electrical Projects Manager as required
• Work efficiently and effectively as part of a build team.
• Proactively identify solutions to build issues and suggest continuous improvements.
Work to technical drawings and parts lists to assemble AS project(s) as an Electrical Technician. Build/Install Mpac-Lambert high quality machinery, repeat AS machine builds, modifications and refurbishments.
• Be accountable for own time management in regards to ensuring cost cards are completed daily. Liaise with your Team Leader and other build team members regarding build priorities and progress to ensure schedules are achieved and Mpac-Lambert optimise their on-time delivery performance.
• Report accurately any rework and technical issues, ensuring drawings are red lined, rework / non-conformance notices are filled out.
• Follow schematics for electrical build and P&I diagrams for complete module and machine build, set up and carry out basic fault finding when necessary.
• Contribute to the department’s continuous improvement programme to ensure the business provides the highest possible value of service to our customers.
• Ensure that all hours worked are correctly booked including the capture of scrap/rework, and non-project work.
• Responsible for house-keeping activities in work areas maintaining alignment to Mpac-Lambert 6S culture. This will drive a lean and efficient working environment to ensure Mpac-Lambert maintains its competitiveness in the market place.
Safe slinging / lifting and manipulation of components being processed e.g. fabrications.
Work safely using correct PPE for all duties.
Safety when commissioning in vicinity of live equipment.
Comply with Health and Safety requirements to eliminate or reduce risks.
• Work with all Mpac-Lambert colleagues to ensure compliance with ISO14001, ISO9001 and OHSAS18001 and support a culture of Lean and Continuous Improvement by complying with appropriate Standard Operating Procedures. This will ensure that Mpac-Lambert retains its accreditation and maintains its position as a provider of high quality service and that its employees are working efficiently and safely.
• Work with all Mpac-Lambert colleagues to ensure that our internal customer ethos is delivered and maintained through very thing we do including right first time, on time and in full.
• Always demonstrate respect, integrity, trust and excellence in interactions with all colleagues, customers and suppliers in line with Mpac-Lambert’s internal customer programme.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 8.30am-5pm Mon-Thurs, 8.30am-1.30pm Fri. 37 hours per week
Salary : £179.45 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 28/08/2019
Possible Start Date : 02/09/2019
Personal Qualities : - Flexibility
- Positive Self Image
- Passionate and enthusiastic about engineering
- Enjoys the prospect of working in a fast moving environment.
- Wants to succeed
- Willing to learn and fully committed to their own personal development.
Skills Required : - Able to communicate effectively, work as part of a team and demonstrate flexibility in order to achieve the needs of the business and your personal development.
- Concern for Standards
- Repetitive Work Quality
- Continuous Improvement
- Ability to Learn
Future Prospects : Mpac Lambert have a proven record of progression starting from Mpac Lambert apprentice level.
• Senior Management
• Senior Technician
All of the above are still within Mpac Lambert with the longest serving starting 35 years ago.
Training to be Provided : • Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham
• NVQ Level 3 in Engineering
• A Technical Certificate (BTEC Diploma Level 3 in Engineering)
• In house training in line with your requirements.
Other Information : Mpac Lambert are bespoke automation providers to some of the global market leaders in consumer healthcare & medical device sectors. Mpac Lambert are part of the wider Mpac Group, which also includes Mpac Langen who are a world-class high speed packing automation provider. https://mpac-group.com/
The map below shows the employer's location