Job Title : Opus Metrology (Thomas Salvesen Enterprises) - Toolmaker - Advanced Apprenticeship
Employer : Opus Metrology
Location : Corby, Northamptonshire, NN17 4DR
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Engineering Technician
Sector : Engineering and Technical Support
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00104
Brief Description : We are looking for someone to work alongside and eventually take over from our current toolmaker and then hopefully take charge of our special manufacturing departments.
Qualifications Required : Maths and English GCSEs at Grade 4/C or above (or equivalent qualification).
Vacancy Detail : This toolmaker role will include the following duties:
- Working on a variety of Manual Surface Grinding machinery including Jones & Shipment Grinders and Bridgeport Milling Machines
- Designing & then producing parts for customer requirements
- To become skilled in lapping processes and company proprietary manufacturing techniques
- Interpret technical drawings
- Plan workloads and ensure personal output targets are met
- Monitor quality of work
- Liaise with the Office Manager on delivery time scales.
- Follow all health and safety requirements.
- Opportunity to progress over time
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Thursday 08.00 to 17.00. Friday 08.00 to 13.00. Total paid hours each week: 39.
Salary : £156.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 28/08/2019
Possible Start Date : 09/09/2019
Personal Qualities : - Reliable
- Willing to listen and learn
Skills Required : Able to demonstrate a clear interest in working in the manufacturing sector.
Future Prospects : Successful apprentices could could go on to roles such as: Trained Toolmaker, Special Manufacturing Supervisor, Production Manager.
Training to be Provided : • Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham
• NVQ Level 3 in Engineering
• A Technical Certificate (BTEC Diploma Level 3 in Engineering)
• In house training in line with your requirements.
Other Information : Opus Metrology is one of the UK’s leading manufacturers and suppliers of Length and Angle Standards to both British and Worldwide manufacturing industries.
Since its foundation in Corby, Northamptonshire in 1987, Opus has rapidly earned an enviable reputation for quality, value and service from its global customer base.
Initially the company began manufacturing a comprehensive range of Gauge Blocks complemented and supported by a UKAS Calibration service. Utilising our in depth manufacturing skills, knowledge and experience, our range of high precision, quality products and services has evolved.
Things to consider : Bear in mind that you will be training at Make UK's training centres in Aston, Birmingham full time in your first year. You will therefore need to be able to travel to both Corby and Aston.
Public transport is not likely to be a viable option due to the limited availability of public transport options close to the factory site.
The map below shows the employer's location