Job Title : Currie & Warner - Maintenance - Advanced Apprentice
Employer : Currie & Warner
Location : Birmingham, West Midlands, B1 3 DH
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Engineering Technician
Sector : Engineering and Technical Support
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00118
Brief Description : We are seeking to employ and train 1 apprentice. You will be highly trained to work in the world of manufacturing, the initial training will be broad based leading to a first appointment as a Maintenance engineer.
Qualifications Required : Essential – 5 GCSEs at 9 – 4 / A* - C (5 or above preferred), must include maths, English language, and ideally Science, or equivalent related qualification.
Vacancy Detail : You will be highly trained to work in the world of manufacturing, the initial training will be broad based leading to a first appointment as a maintenance engineer. This position will be best suited to applicants with good practical skills and an interest in engineering-based projects. As a trained maintenance engineer, you will be responsible for maintaining plant and equipment.
Trained Maintenance Engineer will:
• Assist in all preventative, predictive and routine maintenance work
• Identify and ensure critical spares are stocked and reordered
• Co-ordinate with suppliers to supply spare parts for machines
• Carry out TPM schedules
• Carry out the maintenance of production machines & building repairs, electrically and mechanically
• Identifying and liaise with suppliers of maintenance services when required
• Investigating maintenance problems affecting production and identify improvements
• Understand and analyse graphs and statistics and other complex information
• Maintain and record work and machine breakdown history
• Work to maintenance budget
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Mon - Thurs 8am-4.30pm Fri 8am - 12.30pm
Salary : £146.25 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 21/10/2019
Possible Start Date : 15/10/2019
Personal Qualities : The successful applicant must be keen and dedicated at all times (Including exemplary timekeeping and attendance), whilst proving the ability to understand engineering concepts.
Skills Required : A good level of education and excellent organisational skills. Applicants with an interest in CNC machining are most suited for this vacancy.
Future Prospects : Progression will depend on the individual's abilities and attributes. Towards the end of the apprenticeship, the apprentice and the company will discuss the best pathway for further development.
Training to be Provided : • Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham
• NVQ Level 3
• A Technical Certificate (BTEC Diploma Level 3)
• In house training in line with your requirements.
• Employment Rights and Responsibilities
• Personal, learning and thinking skills award
Other Information : Currie & Warner have 2 sites (address below) so you will be able to work at the site closest to you.
Things to consider : Currie and Warner start each day at 07:30 so your arrival will need to be 07:20 at the latest.
The map below shows the employer's location