Job Title : Collins Aerospace - Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul Operations Engineer
Employer : UTC Aerospace Systems
Location : Birmingham, West Midlands, B33 0HZ
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Engineering Technician
Sector : Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00127
Brief Description : During the apprenticeship you will work at Collins Aerospace, Marston Green where you will gain practical experience working directly in an operational environment, either Electronics or Hydro Mechanical biased, learning your trade.
Qualifications Required : 5 GCSEs at 9 – 4 / A* - C (5 or above preferred), must include maths, English language, and ideally Science, or equivalent related qualification.
Vacancy Detail : You will spend your first year attending Make UK’s Technology Training Centre where you will learn your basic engineering skills in Electronics or Mechanical Engineering.
For the next three years of the apprenticeship you will work at Collins Aerospace, Marston Green where you will gain practical experience working directly in an operational environment within Electronics or Hydro- mechanical and learning your trade.
Job role includes:
• Engage in Continuous Improvement programs
• Gain experience through all support functions
• Work within diagnostics, engineering, Hydro-mechanical and electronics
• During your apprenticeship there is the possibility to attend college on a day release basis, gaining a HNC or Foundation Degree in Electronics or Hydro Mechanical academia.
• You will also work in-house towards an NVQ Level 3.
Positions Available : 3
Working Week : Mon – Thurs 8.00 – 4.00pm, Fri 8.00-3.00pm
Salary : £229.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 31/01/2020
Possible Start Date : 07/09/2020
Personal Qualities : • Ability to display mutual trust and respect in adult to adult fashion.
• A desire to learn as much as you can. (About engineering manufacturing processes, both Practical & Academic areas.)
• An aspiration to do deliver your best work at all times.
• A can do attitude.
• Good attention to detail.
Skills Required : • Good standard of education
• Good time keeping and attendance
• Demonstrable problem solving skills.
• PC literate
• Enthusiastic about your development and able to work from your own initiative.
Training to be Provided : This 4 year programme will include:
• Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham
• NVQ Level 3 in Engineering
• A Technical Certificate (BTEC Diploma Level 3 in Engineering)
• In house training in line with your requirements.
Other Information : Following the apprenticeship the Company would be supportive of individuals who would wish to continue to study to HND or Degree level.
Things to consider : Be aware that even though the position is in the Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul department this is an operations role, not a maintenance engineering role.
The map below shows the employer's location