Job Title : Savekers - Manufacturing Operative - Intermediate Apprentice - January 2020 Start
Employer : Savekers Solutions Limited
Location : Birmingham, West Midlands, B18 5RQ
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Engineering Operative
Sector : Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00133
Brief Description : In your role as an Apprentice Manufacturing Technician, you will drive and maintain operational excellence across the whole of the manufacturing department to ensure that goods and services are produced efficiently, to a high standard.
Qualifications Required : A passion for engineering is more important that set qualifications.
Vacancy Detail : With an enviable pedigree and heritage, together with more than 100 years as an established specialist in quality manufacturing, Savekers Solutions offers a level of production and service unrivalled in its field.
Building on the strengths and resource of its founding company, Savekers Solutions Ltd has developed an ever increasing capacity to supply bespoke products to a wide range of end users.
Our teams combine their skills to collectively meet customer requirements across a range of disciplines and market sectors. These market sectors include: Shop-fittings, Furniture, Sliding Door Track Systems, Bespoke Fabrications to Bars and Restaurants, Specialist Access Equipment, Motor Bike Parts and Silencers, Architectural Fabrications in Mild Steel, Brass and Stainless Steel In A Wide Range of Finishes.
In your role as an Apprentice Manufacturing Technician, you will drive and maintain operational excellence across the whole of the manufacturing department to ensure that goods and services are produced efficiently, to a high standard and in line with the company’s strategic and operational targets.
• Take reasonable care of the Health and Safety of themselves and those around them
• Comply with the requirements of the Management Arrangements
• Comply with any other applicable management/safety/technical arrangements as identified by supervising staff.
• Not interfere with anything provided in the interests of Health and Safety (PPE, fire extinguishers etc)
• Use plant and equipment correctly, in accordance with training and instruction as provided
• Report to supervising staff any shortcomings in protection arrangements for Health and Safety, or any situations considered to represent imminent danger
• Report all anomalies, safety hazards, equipment damage and other problems to the Management or Supervision staff
• Prepare materials and components for manufacturing operations.
• Utilise learned techniques to achieve structures or fabrications required as specified in procedures and drawings.
• Ensure dimensional accuracy in the fulfilment of production requirements and expectations of site based activities, including employment of approved distortion control methods.
• Eliminate or appropriately control all risks associated with personnel, visitors, fire. E.g. work area segregation, shielding, fire extinguishers and removal of combustible materials.
• Ensure that the correct PPE is used for the task at hand and regularly assessed for change.
• Ensure that all equipment is tested in accordance with regulations and are in good working order prior to use.
• Work from the information supplied by the Supervisor to cut and prepare materials to be welded as required.
• Many of the products produced have a high visual requirement and welded assemblies need to accurate and have clean presentable joints.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Mon-Thurs 8am-16:30pm Fri 8am-12:30pm Total Hours 37.5 Hours
Salary : £196.35 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 24/01/2020
Possible Start Date : 27/01/2020
Personal Qualities : • Demonstrate enthusiasm for developing a career in hands-on engineering
• Demonstrate the qualities of a team player
Skills Required : An appreciation of general engineering, however no expert knowledge is required
A general understanding of what work as a manufacturing operative involves
Training to be Provided : Level 2 Diploma in Engineering Operations
Level 2 Certificate in Engineering Operations
- Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
- Working efficiently and effectively in an engineering environment
- Using and communicating technical information
- Lean/Business Improvement
- Mechanical maintenance/assemblies
- General Machining, Fitting and Assembly Applications
- Bench Fitting
Relevant Workplace Training
Functional Skills (If required)
Please note that this Intermediate (Level 2) Apprenticeship will last for 12-18 months. It will involve spending one day per week at MAKE UK's state-of-the-art Training Hub in Aston, and four days per week at the employer's site for the duration of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider : This role starts on 27th January 2020, so please ensure that you are available to start on this date.
The map below shows the employer's location