Job Title : Rhopoint Metrology - Calibration Engineer (Metrology) - March 2020 Start
Employer : Rhopoint Metrology
Location : Birmingham, West Midlands, B33 0TD
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Metrology Technician
Sector : Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00135
Brief Description : You will be highly trained to work in the world of Metrology, with broad-based training leading to a first appointment as a Calibration Engineer. You will ensure that customer equipment is calibrated in accordance with national & international standards.
Qualifications Required : 3 GCSEs at Grade 4/C or above (or equivalent) including Maths and English Language. An engineering qualification would be an advantage.
Vacancy Detail : Rhopoint Metrology is a UKAS Accredited Calibration Laboratory (0720) providing an extensive range of calibration at our permanent laboratories in Birmingham and Bristol together with calibrations at our clients' sites.
Our UKAS accreditations are across an extensive range of parameters critical to design, manufacture and testing including: Dimensional, Electrical, Pressure, Mass, Torque, and Temperature
You will be highly trained to work in the world of Metrology. The initial training will be broad based leading to a first appointment as a Calibration Engineer. Your role will be to ensure that customer equipment is calibrated in accordance with Rhopoint Metrology Services Quality Management System and any appropriate National/International Standards.
All Calibration Activity
• Undertaking calibration activity as directed by the Head of Laboratory.
• Ensuring that all calibration activity is completed in accordance with the Rhopoint Metrology Quality Management System and any appropriate National/International Standards.
• Ensuring they only undertake calibration/repair activity for which they have been suitably trained.
• Accurately recording/reporting of time spent on calibration activity to assist in the evaluation of margins.
• Assisting in the evaluation and verification of the calibration activity of other calibration engineers.
• Assisting in the promotion and delivery of good housekeeping within the Laboratory.
• Ensuring that reference equipment for calibration activity is suitably maintained and safely used, this includes the cleaning and safe storage of equipment upon its’ return from on-site calibration activity.
• Highlighting any potential issues revealed during calibration activity and assisting in the resolution of any potential issues.
• To ensure that all training activity is appropriately reported and recorded in accordance withRhopointl Metrology Services Quality Management System.
• Trainee Calibration Engineers are expected to seek personal continual improvement through the completion of training.
On-Site Calibration Activity
• Ensuring that all on-site calibration activity takes place in suitable conditions.
• Liaising with the customer contact whilst on-site to ensure that the requirements of the customer are being met.
All responsibilities and activities must be carried out within the requirements of ISO17025/ISO9001 and the Rhopoint Metrology Quality Management System.
All staff are expected to assist in areas where there is a backlog of work, or where assistance is required.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Mon-Thurs 8am-5pm Fri 8am-12.30pm Total 37.5
Salary : £156.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 07/02/2020
Possible Start Date : 02/03/2020
Personal Qualities : - hardworking
Skills Required : - excellent communication skills
- able to demonstrate a clear interest to work in Metrology
Future Prospects : A full time position for the right candidate.
Training to be Provided : • Engineering Basic Skills training at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham – you will be on day release, spending one day per week at Make UK and 4 days in company.
• EAL Level 3 Award (Certificate) in Metrology
• In house training in line with your requirements.
• Employment Rights and Responsibilities
• Personal, learning and thinking skills award
• Functional Skills Level 2 in English, Maths and ICT as required.
Things to consider : You will be spending 4 days per week in company at Rhopoint Metrology and 1 day per week at the training provider, Make UK.
The map below shows the employer's location