Job Title : Flexicon Ltd - Multi-Skilled Machine Operator Setter - Sept 2020 Start
Employer : Flexicon Ltd
Location : Coleshill, West Midlands, B46 1HG
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Manufacturing engineer
Sector : Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00137
Brief Description : These are exciting and busy times at Flexicon! We are currently seeking exceptional candidates to join us as Multi-Skilled Machine Operator Setter. The role will be working in a high performing Turned Parts manufacturing team, operating and setting CNC.
Qualifications Required : Essential GCSEs at level 4 / C in English and Maths
Vacancy Detail : This role is hands-on requires drive and enthusiasm, and will be responsible for delivering ongoing improvement within the department.
•Set up, program and operate twin spindle, multi-axis CNC turning centres.
• Perform weekly safety checks
• Maintain tooling cabinets, ensuring that spare tools/inserts are always available
• Understand engineering drawings and tolerances
• Optimises process & cycle times.
• Contribute towards preventative maintenance.
Work safely in accordance with the company’s Health and Safety Policy
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Mon- Thurs 8am-4.30pm, Fri - 8am-12.30pm 39 hours
Salary : £180.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 07/02/2020
Possible Start Date : 13/09/2020
Personal Qualities : Able to work methodically and pay close attention to detail. Good personal and work ethic.
Skills Required : Able to demonstrate a clear interest in working in the manufacturing sector.
Training to be Provided : • Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham
• NVQ Level 3
• A Technical Certificate (BTEC Diploma Level 3)
• In house training in line with your requirements.
• Employment Rights and Responsibilities
• Personal, learning and thinking skills award
Things to consider : This is a fast paced factory environment and can be physically demanding being on your feet for most of the day. Shift work maybe required.
The map below shows the employer's location