Job Title : Epson - Maintenance Engineering Apprenticeship - November 2021 Start
Employer : Epson
Location : Telford, Shropshire, TF1 7EY
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Engineering Technician
Sector : Engineering and Technical Support
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00267
Brief Description : Reporting to the Plant Maintenance Specialist the post holder is typically called upon to complete tasks under the guidance of an experienced Plant Maintenance Engineer, with the purpose of gaining knowledge and experience to augment studies toward profession engineering studies. You will support departmental Engineers in their Duties
Qualifications Required : • GCSE Maths and English Grade 4-7
• Minimum 2 x A ‘Levels Grade A-C.
Vacancy Detail : At Epson Telford Ltd, Quality is the driving force behind everything we do, from our clean room manufacturing environment to the way we support and develop our people. Our core business at Hortonwood is the manufacture and distribution of printing cartridges.
As a Maintenance Apprentice, your main job functions:
To gain skills, knowledge and experience from all engineering members whilst actively contributing toward the daily operation of the department. Understanding the role and remit of an engineer and to take on more work and responsibilities and your skills and knowledge progress over time with a view of being able to carry out the work of a maintenance engineer.
• Monitor the operation and maintain the standard of cleanliness of the Clean Room and Blending areas
• Support operators and monitor the operation of production line equipment, both manufacturing and test whilst maintaining the efficient operation of it
• Support shift Engineers and technicians with day to day Engineering tasks (Preventative and Reactive maintenance)
• To respond effectively to all production line queries, ensuring the maximum level of support is given at all times
• To review current machinery operations and engineer out recurring issues and inefficiencies using modern engineering techniques and technology.
Health & Safety
- To ensure the Health, Safety and welfare of all staff specifically within the department. Support as needed the relevant risk assessments, and safe systems of work, prior to work commencing.
- Any accidents or near misses are to be reported and countermeasure implemented as required.
- Ensure you are working to the relevant standards and procedures and in any doubt ask.
- Support, as directed, with the achievement of service levels for the provision of planned maintenance and helpdesk requests.
- To ensure that all tasks and requests are carried out in line with Company Policy and procedures.
- To ensure compliance with all ETL quality standards
- Support with the rectification of electrical and mechanical breakdowns and repairs.
- Carry out installation work to electrical and mechanical services as directed by task supervisor.
- Achievement learning objectives detailed by the learning provider, overseeing professional development.
- Support department in achievement of business plan objectives
- Complete relevant statistical information within agreed deadlines
- To assist in the development of departmental procedures and ‘Know-How’ materials.
- Actively encourages, is receptive to and recognizes ideas and suggestions for improvements.
- Manages own self development and encourages the same in others
- Thinks creatively around problems – tries loss of solutions until one is successful
- Regularly delivers desired results, achieves targets or deadlines and is prudent with resources.
- Pays attention to Instructors and undertakes tasks to the best of one’s ability.
- Identify learning opportunities and exploit then to the full.
- Always act responsibly and professionally.
- Develop a customer focused approach to work activities.
- To always demonstrate a professional attitude.
- Comply with IT security policy, undertake working duties with ISM requirements i.e., use of appropriate controls for confidential information.
- To maintain 5S levels in line with showroom factory conditions.
- To undertake other duties as and when required within Epson.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Mon to Thurs 8.30 – 17.00 & Friday 8.30-16.00 Total Hours 45
Salary : £ 198.07 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 25/10/2021
Possible Start Date : 01/11/2021
Personal Qualities : • Confident and enthusiastic with a positive attitude to team work and eager to learn
• Ability to use your initiative and driven to provide excellent customer service
Skills Required : • Strong communication skills
• Ability to work in an accurate and methodical manner
• Work by self or part of a team.
• Experience of using MS office
• Able to develop good working relationships with a variety of colleagues
• Take ownership of tasks
Future Prospects : You will be highly trained to work in the world of manufacturing; the initial training will be broad based leading to a first appointment as maintenance engineer.
Training to be Provided : • Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham
• NVQ Level 3 in Engineering
• A Technical Certificate (BTEC Diploma Level 3 in Engineering)
• In house training in line with your requirements.
Other Information : • At Epson Telford Ltd, Quality is the driving force behind everything we do, from our clean room manufacturing environment to the way we support and develop our people.
• Our core business at Hortonwood is the manufacture and distribution of printing cartridges.
• Join us and play your part to ensure that we maintain and improve our position as a world class Manufacturer.
The map below shows the employer's location