Job Title : Evac Chair - Level 2 Welding Apprentice - September Start
Employer : Evac Chair International Ltd
Location : Solihull, B90 8AW
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Engineering Operative
Sector : Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00286
Brief Description : Evac+Chair is the recognised global leader in stairway evacuation for people with disabilities or mobility impairments. We are looking for an apprentice welder to join our team
Qualifications Required : • GCSE Mathematics.
• GCSE English.
Vacancy Detail : Evac+Chair® is the recognised global leader in stairway evacuation for people with disabilities or mobility impairments.
Established for more than 35 years, with its headquarters and manufacturing based in Birmingham in the United Kingdom, Evac+Chairs are exported to over 50 countries through more than 50 international partners across the world.
At Evac+Chair, we have a dedicated research and development team who continuously innovate to ensure people with disabilities and mobility impairments, can be safely evacuated from buildings in the event of a fire, or as a result of other emergencies.
Our lifesaving products are installed in a variety of environments including offices, hotels, schools, colleges, sports stadia, retail outlets, factories and in various healthcare settings around the world.
And, for total peace of mind, we also have a network of Maintenance Engineers and Trainers working nationwide to ensure that, your staff are adequately trained in how to effectively use the equipment, and your Evac+Chair is suitably maintained to preserve the safety of your building’s occupiers whilst also prolonging the lifetime of your product.
Our welding apprentice will:
• To be trained to weld a variety of Stainless steel, mild Steel, and aluminium parts, with the intention of becoming a full-time production welder.
• To Undertake training at a specified college/Training Centre on a full-time basis followed by day release after 12 months.
• To be willing to learn all aspects of the welding process from the ground up, to support the company’s and personal continued growth.
• To gain an understanding of all aspects of Manufacturing and assembly processes to enable clear goals.
To achieve the following:
• To Produce High Quality Welded Assemblies in a timely and safety conscious way.
• Working to drawings and within Fixtures with a variety of materials I.E Mild Steel, Aluminium and Stainless Steel.
• To Follow Weld procedure’s.
• Working independently or as part of a team.
Also, you will learn to operate with our company core values in mind:
• Helpful – We are pleasant and friendly in all our interactions and strive to do the right thing for our customers and colleagues
• Efficient – We work efficiently, using knowledge and skill to ensure we get things done on time and in budget
• Quality – We take pride in providing high value products and services, ensuring customer satisfaction, growth and the future of our employees
• Innovation – We work together to encourage creative thinking in order to create opportunities for process improvement and sustainable products and services that will delight our customers
• Integrity – We work in a manner that demonstrates trust, honesty, courage and responsibility with a willingness to admit to our mistakes.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Mon - Fri - 8am - 4pm
Salary : £ 225.00 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 13/07/2021
Possible Start Date : 13/09/2021
Personal Qualities : The key skills, abilities and aptitude, including the relating to the core values, e.g. additional would be verbal/written communication, It skills, team working).
• Good listening skills.
• Verbal Communication.
• Written Communication.
• Problem solving.
• Great attention to detail with a goal-driven attitude.
Skills Required : • Experience with Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) Welding (Desirable).
• Aluminium and Stainless-steel Experience (Desirable).
• Fabrication and fitting experience (Desirable).
• None of the above are Essential as training will be given.
Future Prospects : On completion of your apprenticeship, you will become a production welder.
Training to be Provided : Level 2 Diploma in Engineering Operations
Level 2 Certificate in Engineering Operations
- Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
- Working efficiently and effectively in an engineering environment
- Using and communicating technical information
- Lean/Business Improvement
- Mechanical maintenance/assemblies
- General Machining, Fitting and Assembly Applications
- Bench Fitting
Relevant Workplace Training
Functional Skills (If required)
Please note that this Intermediate (Level 2) Apprenticeship will last for 12-18 months. It will involve spending one day per week at MAKE UK's state-of-the-art Training Hub in Aston, and four days per week at the employer's site for the duration of the apprenticeship.
Other Information : You will be working in a workshop environment and work as part of a team
The map below shows the employer's location