Job Title : Aston Fittings - Level 2 Engineering Operative Apprentice - Immediate Start
Employer : Aston Fittings
Location : Birmingham, West Midlands, B11 3EL
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Engineering Operative
Sector : Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00319
Brief Description : • Maintain general housekeeping duties within the factory including stock rotation, cleanliness, tidiness.
• Assisting associates with tasks when needed.
Qualifications Required : A minimum of 3 GCSEs at grade D / 3 or equivalent, especially in Maths and English Language
Vacancy Detail : As an Apprentice at Aston Fittings you will We assemble packages of Pipe, Tube, Buttweld Fittings, Flanges, Valves and Ancillary items, in various materials, from 0.125" to 54" to meet customer requirements.
Aston Fittings is an international distributor and manufacturer of Industrial Steel Fittings, Valves, Hose, Tube, Pipe and Connectors in carbon and stainless steels, brass and other alloys.
You will be making bespoke parts for all sectors - Aston Fittings have a wide experience in a variety of industry sectors. Here are some of examples of where our products are used widely.
• Waste Management
• Sub-Contract Machining
You will be exposed to and working with:
CNC Milling machines
For your Level 2, You will attend Make UK the Technology hub 1 x day a week - 8am – 4:30 pm
You will attend the workplace 4 x days a week – 8:00am – 4.30pm Monday - Thursday, 8:00am – 12.30pm Friday.
You will have block weeks throughout the year
Total paid hours each week: 39 hours per week
Positions Available : 3
Working Week : You will attend the workplace 4 x days a week – 8:00am – 4.30pm Monday - Thursday, 8:00am – 12.30pm
Salary : £ 195.00 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 31/10/2021
Possible Start Date : 01/11/2021
Personal Qualities : Looking for someone of all age to be a very hard worker and want to succeed. Punctual with a positive attitude.
Skills Required : • excellent communication skills, able to demonstrate a clear interest in working in the manufacturing sector
• someone within easy commute to the workplace
• not afraid of hard work
• An open and honest communicator, reliable, listen well to others and have a positive and respectful attitude.
• Follow instructions and guidance, demonstrate attention to detail, follow a logical approach to problem solving and seek opportunities to improve quality, speed and efficiency.
• Be able to follow written/verbal instructions.
Future Prospects : The Apprentice can progress to Level 3 upon completion of Level 2.
We encourage training and full support will be given if the Apprentice shows dedication and the want to succeed.
Training to be Provided : Level 2 Diploma in Engineering Operations
Level 2 Certificate in Engineering Operations
- Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
- Working efficiently and effectively in an engineering environment
- Using and communicating technical information
- Lean/Business Improvement
- Mechanical maintenance/assemblies
- General Machining, Fitting and Assembly Applications
- Bench Fitting
Relevant Workplace Training
Functional Skills (If required)
Please note that this Intermediate (Level 2) Apprenticeship will last for 12-18 months. It will involve spending one day per week at MAKE UK's state-of-the-art Training Hub in Aston, and four days per week at the employer's site for the duration of the apprenticeship.
Other Information : Looking for someone with an easy commute to the workplace.
The map below shows the employer's location