Job Title : Sterling Thermal Technology - Fitter/Assembler Technician - Advanced Apprenticeship
Employer : Sterling Thermal Technology
Location : Birmingham, West Midlands, B46 1NS
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Engineering Technician
Sector : Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00041
Brief Description : An opportunity to join a growing business which will provide a unique chance to earn money, whilst studying and gaining work experience. Upon completion you will be a fully qualified, skilled Fitter/Assembler with a Mechanical Manufacturing qualification.
Qualifications Required : A minimum of 3 GCSEs at Grades 4/C or above (or equivalent), which must include Maths, English Language and, ideally, a Science GCSE.
Vacancy Detail : We are seeking to employ and train one apprentice. You will be highly trained to work in the world of manufacturing. The initial training will be broad based and could lead to a first appointment as a Fitter/Assembly within a specialist industry.
To carry out production operations and training exercises to meet the requirements of the agreed training programme. To assist in the work carried out in any production area when and where the need arises.
Duties will include:
• Looking after the company’s interests at all times
• Maintaining strict confidentiality on all matters relating to company business
• Ensuring that the company’s procedures are followed
• Maintaining good housekeeping practices
• Comply strictly with the company health and safety policy
• Participating fully in the course work required to achieve the desired qualification.
• Carrying out production duties / training exercises as directed by the Production Supervisors
• Participating in the quality control process relevant to the work carried out and ensure all defective work is immediately brought to the attention of the production supervision
• Carrying out any relevant administrative tasks
• Ensuring workmanship is to the required standard
• Undertaking any other reasonable duties at any time
• Strict adherence to all Health & Safety laws and requirements and safe working practices.
• Satisfactory completion of the level and quality of work to meet the requirements of the specific college course(s) as appropriate for the desired qualification level.
• Maintenance of the required levels of quality in all production / training activities
• Efficient and timely completion of all production / training activities
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Mon-Thurs 7.30am-4.30pm, Fri 7.30am-12.30pm. Total paid hours/week: 37.
Salary : £203.50 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 05/08/2019
Possible Start Date : 02/09/2019
Personal Qualities : - Flexible
- Keen to learn
Skills Required : Mechanical abilities and/or related interests.
Future Prospects : Upon completion you will be a fully qualified, skilled Fitter/Assembler with a Mechanical Manufacturing qualification. Other training and development needs will be determined in consultation with the Production Manager.
Training to be Provided : • Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham
• NVQ Level 3
• A Technical Certificate (BTEC Diploma Level 3)
• In house training in line with your requirements.
• Employment Rights and Responsibilities
• Personal, learning and thinking skills award
The map below shows the employer's location