Job Title : Owen Mumford Ltd -Tooling Technician- Advanced Apprenticeship
Employer : Owen Mumford Ltd
Location : Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX20 1TU
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Engineering Technician
Sector : Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00062
Brief Description : Working within different divisions of the Company the prime responsibility of the Apprentice Tool Maintenance Technician is to gain competence and confidence in the reactive and planned maintenance of our Mould tools.
Qualifications Required : 5 GCSE’s at Grade 5 and above including English, Science and Maths.
Vacancy Detail : The prime responsibility of the Apprentice Tooling Technician is to gain competence and confidence in the reactive and planned maintenance as well as continuous improvement of our tooling assets & equipment.
Working within different divisions of the Company on placement, supervised and unsupervised to detailed work instructions whether verbal or written they will be expected to develop the ability to undertake planned maintenance activities, investigate and diagnose failures, analyse issues and implement fully engineered solutions that target root causes, ensuring that the tools produce components that meet specification and operate reliably in production with minimum issues and maximum yield.
• To query / question at all times, in order to expand the apprentice’s knowledge base and to ensure full understanding of work instructions given and any safety implications of such instructions.
• To maintain an accurate and up-to-date logbook detailing training completed and work experience / competencies gained, to such a standard as required by the line management and external auditors.
• To diligently attend training courses externally or internally within Owen Mumford and obtain a level of learning and performance that is exemplary.
• To submit for assessment a report detailing the learning’s from each project given or work placement to a satisfaction of the Technical Trainer and external auditors.
• To ensure that the designated work area is maintained in a clean and tidy manner at all times.
• Completion of all necessary administrative tasks.
• The care and maintenance of all Company documents, materials and other equipment under his/her control.
• Ensure Company E, H&S policies are adhered to at all times
• Participate if required in engineering activities scheduled during plant shutdowns e.g., Christmas / public holidays
• Conduct themselves at all times in a professional and courteous manner, and maintain a good appearance acceptable to our customers and management
• The achievement of agreed personal objectives.
Positions Available : 2
Working Week : Mon-Fri 8:00am-16:30pm Total Hours 40 Hours
Salary : £267.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 31/08/2019
Possible Start Date : 07/10/2019
Personal Qualities : • Effective team worker
• Highly self-motivated
• Strong communication skills
• Enjoys hands on work
Skills Required : • Computer literate
• Mechanically adept.
• Clear and concise communication skills written and oral
• Understanding of Engineering drawings
Training to be Provided : • Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham
• NVQ Level 3
• A Technical Certificate (BTEC Diploma Level 3)
• In house training in line with your requirements.
• Employment Rights and Responsibilities
• Personal, learning and thinking skills award
Other Information : There is a 6-month probationary period with this role.
There is additional financial support for the 1st yr off the job training. Depending on age there is either season train tickets or paid support with driving.
The map below shows the employer's location