Job Title : A-Plant (Survey Supplied Lt. Reading) - Metrology Engineer- Advanced Apprenticeship
Employer : Survey Supplies Ltd
Location : Reading, Berkshire, RG7 8TA
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Metrology Technician
Sector : Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00080
Brief Description : The successful candidates will learn to service, repair and calibrate a wide range of survey instrumentation including Optical Levels, Rotating Lasers & Pipe Lasers.
Qualifications Required : Essential – 3 GCSEs at 9 – 4 / A* - C (5 or above preferred), must include maths, English language, and ideally Science, or equivalent related qualification.
Vacancy Detail : Opti-cal is a division of A-Plant, one of the UK's leading rental equipment companies.
Opti-cal Survey Equipment is an industry-leading supplier of land survey and precision measurement technologies based in the UK. Supporting professionals across a diverse range of industries – from Engineering and Construction, to Archaeology and Forensics – we hire and sell both new and reconditioned equipment, as well as providing comprehensive service, technical support and training.
We are seeking to employ and train 14 apprentices across the UK.
Based in one of our Service Centres, you will work towards a metrology apprenticeship qualification through block release and on the job training. You will be a key member of the service team and will learn a wide range of skills including:
• Service & repair of Leica Geosystems survey instrumentation
• Calibration of a wide range of survey equipment including Optical Levels, Rotating Lasers & Pipe Lasers.
• Knowledge of our broad range of advanced survey equipment which include Total Stations, GNSS Systems, 3D Laser Scanning & Mobile Mapping.
This role will involve block release to Make UK's Technical Training facility in Aston, Birmingham throughout the course.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Mon to Fri - 8am to 5pm 40 Hours
Salary : £201.38 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 20/10/2019
Possible Start Date : 04/11/2019
Personal Qualities : • Adept problem solving
• Studious with a keen attention to detail
• Team player with the confidence to work independently where required
• Ability to work to specific direction and tutelage
• Hard working
Skills Required : • Good numerical and skills
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Team Player: Work and interact effectively within a team
• Drive, enthusiasm and ambition with a can-do approach
• Good time management and ability to complete work to schedule
Future Prospects : After completing your apprenticeship you will work towards becoming a Senior Service Technician
Training to be Provided : • Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham
• NVQ Level 3
• A Technical Certificate in Metrology on Block Release
• In house training in line with your requirements.
Things to consider : This apprenticeship is 3 years and will involve attending Make UK's training facility in Birmingham for 1 week a month on a residential basis, staying in a hotel arranged and paid for by the company.
The map below shows the employer's location