Job Title : Sebdon Steel- Multi-Skilled Maintenance Apprentice
Employer : Sebdon Steel
Location : Brierley Hill, West Midlands, DY5 2PJ
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Manufacturing Engineering: Maintenance
Sector : Multi-Skilled Maintenance
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00113
Brief Description : Observing, learning and understanding a wide range of engineering skills and processes while under the instruction of skilled technical staff.
Qualifications Required : Essential – 3 or 5 GCSEs at 9 – 4 / A* - C (5 or above preferred), must include maths, English language, and ideally Science, or equivalent related qualification.
Vacancy Detail : • To be able to demonstrate these skills and processes as the training period progresses by working independently or with a team, to undertake tasks as instructed and increasing overall contribution to the department.
• To undertake and successfully complete suitable college courses throughout the training period.
• To develop the skills to construct or modify apparatus and instruments from verbal instructions and drawings, for research, teaching and student projects, to a high degree of precision.
• To learn how to maintain workshop equipment and to keep it in good repair.
• To maintain a logbook over the duration of the apprenticeship period, recording projects that have been undertaken and the skills learned.
• To maintain and to ensure general good housekeeping of the workplace and laboratory areas.
• To maintain a smart appearance and to act in a professional manner at all times.
• To perform any other duties appropriate to the grade and role of the post holder.
• Liaise with suppliers.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 8-4pm mon – Thursday, 7-3pm friday 37.5 hours
Salary : £187.50 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 25/09/2019
Possible Start Date : 01/11/2019
Personal Qualities : Willingness to learn
Skills Required : Attention to detail
Good communication skills
Training to be Provided : • Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham
• NVQ Level 3
• A Technical Certificate (BTEC Diploma Level 3)
• In house training in line with your requirements.
• Employment Rights and Responsibilities
• Personal, learning and thinking skills award
The map below shows the employer's location