Job Title : Rhopoint Metrology - Calibration Engineer (Metrology) - Advanced Apprenticeship
Employer : Rhopoint Metrology
Location : Birmingham, West Midlands, B33 0TD
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Metrology Technician
Sector : Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00114
Brief Description : You will be highly trained to work in the world of Metrology, with broad-based training leading to a first appointment as a Calibration Engineer. You will ensure that customer equipment is calibrated in accordance with national & international standards.
Qualifications Required : 3 GCSEs at Grade 4/C or above (or equivalent) including Maths and English Language. An engineering qualification would be an advantage.
Vacancy Detail : You will be highly trained to work in the world of Metrology. The initial training will be broad based leading to a first appointment as a Calibration Engineer. Your role will be to ensure that customer equipment is calibrated in accordance with Rhopoint Metrology Services Quality Management System and any appropriate National/International Standards.
All Calibration Activity
• Undertaking calibration activity as directed by the Head of Laboratory.
• Ensuring that all calibration activity is completed in accordance with the Rhopoint Metrology Quality Management System and any appropriate National/International Standards.
• Ensuring they only undertake calibration/repair activity for which they have been suitably trained.
• Accurately recording/reporting of time spent on calibration activity to assist in the evaluation of margins.
• Assisting in the evaluation and verification of the calibration activity of other calibration engineers.
• Assisting in the promotion and delivery of good housekeeping within the Laboratory.
• Ensuring that reference equipment for calibration activity is suitably maintained and safely used, this includes the cleaning and safe storage of equipment upon its’ return from on-site calibration activity.
• Highlighting any potential issues revealed during calibration activity and assisting in the resolution of any potential issues.
• To ensure that all training activity is appropriately reported and recorded in accordance withRhopointl Metrology Services Quality Management System.
• Trainee Calibration Engineers are expected to seek personal continual improvement through the completion of training.
On-Site Calibration Activity
• Ensuring that all on-site calibration activity takes place in suitable conditions.
• Liaising with the customer contact whilst on-site to ensure that the requirements of the customer are being met.
All responsibilities and activities must be carried out within the requirements of ISO17025/ISO9001 and the Rhopoint Metrology Quality Management System.
All staff are expected to assist in areas where there is a backlog of work, or where assistance is required.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Mon-Thurs 8am-5pm Fri 8am-12.30pm Total 37.5
Salary : £142.35 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 20/10/2019
Possible Start Date : 04/11/2019
Personal Qualities : - hardworking
Skills Required : - excellent communication skills
- able to demonstrate a clear interest to work in Metrology
Future Prospects : A full time position for the right candidate.
Training to be Provided : • Engineering Basic Skills training at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham – this will be on a 'block release' basis with apprentices attending for 1 full week every 5 weeks for a three year period.
• EAL Level 3 Award (Certificate) in Metrology
• In house training in line with your requirements.
• Employment Rights and Responsibilities
• Personal, learning and thinking skills award
• Functional Skills Level 2 in English, Maths and ICT as required.
The map below shows the employer's location