Job Title : Collins Aerospace - Advanced Apprentice - Engineering
Employer : UTC Aerospace Systems
Location : Birmingham, West Midlands, B33 0HZ
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Engineering Technician
Sector : Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00126
Brief Description : During the apprenticeship you will work at Collins Aerospace, Marston Green where you will gain practical experience working directly in an Engineering function; namely Electronics, Process & Materials, Hydro-Mechanical, Configuration or Test Development.
Qualifications Required : 5 GCSEs at 9 – 4 / A* - C (5 or above preferred), to include maths, English language, and ideally Science, or equivalent related qualification.
Vacancy Detail : Collins Aerospace, created following a merger of UTC and Rockwell Collins, is one of the world's largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defence products. We design, manufacture and service systems and components, and provide integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms.
Upon securing an apprenticeship, you will spend your first year attending Make UK's Technology Training Centre where you will learn your basic engineering skills in Electronics or Mechanical Engineering.
For the next three years of the apprenticeship you will work at Collins Aerospace, Marston Green where you will gain practical experience working directly in an Engineering environment.
Job role incudes:
- Engage in Continuous Improvement programs
- Gain experience through all support functions in addition to Engineering
- Work within one of five disciplines; Electronics, Hydro-Mechanical, Process & Materials, Test development or Configuration
- During your apprenticeship there is the possibility to attend college on a day release basis, gaining an HNC or Foundation Degree in Electronics or Hydro Mechanical Engineering
- You will also work in-house towards an NVQ Level 3
Positions Available : 2
Working Week : Mon-Thur 9am - 4pm & Fri 8am - 3pm
Salary : £229.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 27/01/2020
Possible Start Date : 07/09/2020
Personal Qualities : Ability to display mutual trust and respect in adult to adult fashion
A desire to learn as much as you can. (About engineering processes, both Practical & Academic areas)
An aspiration to do deliver your best work at all times
A can do attitude
Good attention to detail
Skills Required : Good standard of education
A keen interest in Engineering
Good time keeping and attendance
Demonstrable problem solving skills
Enthusiastic about your development and able to work from your own initiative
Training to be Provided : This 4 year programme will include:
• Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham
• NVQ Level 3 in Engineering
• A Technical Certificate (BTEC Diploma Level 3 in Engineering)
• In house training in line with your requirements.
Other Information : The successful candidates will be able to demonstrate a genuine passion for engineering and the willingness to travel to both Make UK in Aston (in Year 1) and Collins Aerospace in Marston Green for the remainder of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider : Following the apprenticeship the Company would be supportive of individuals who would wish to continue to study to HND or Degree level.
The map below shows the employer's location