Job Title : 5D Tooling - Apprentice Bench Hand – Manufacturing – Intermediate Apprentice – January 2020
Employer : 5th Dimension Tooling Ltd
Location : Tipton, West Midlands, DY4 9EG
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Engineering Operative
Sector : Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00136
Brief Description : As an apprentice bench hand you will be working with our dynamic team where you will have the opportunity to learn from our highly experienced staff within the world or Tooling Design and Development.
Qualifications Required : A passion for engineering is more important that set qualifications.
Vacancy Detail : 5th Dimension Tooling Ltd is a specialist engineering company supplying project management alongside design and manufacture of:
• CAD / CAM
• Mould Tool Making
• Jigs and fixtures
• 5 Axis CNC Machining
• Model Making
• Vacuum Form Tooling
• Rapid Ureol Tooling
• Full size Mock-ups
• Foam Tools
• Composite Tooling
We service a wide scope of industries in a diverse range of market sectors including Aerospace, Automotive, Motor Sport, Formula 1, Rail, Commercial Vehicles and more...
We offer a rapid, high quality and cost effective professional tool design and development service using the latest CAD/CAM software packages and utilising three and five axis high speed CNC machining.
We are currently seeking an Apprentice Bench Hand to join our fast-growing company in Tipton, West Midlands. As an apprentice bench hand you will be working with our dynamic team where you will have the opportunity to learn from our highly experienced staff within the world or Tooling Design and Development.
You will be highly trained to work in the world of manufacturing. The initial training will be broad based and could lead to a first appointment as an Apprentice bench Hand.
As an apprentice bench hand you will work in a fast paced environment where quality is of the upmost importance. Key responsibilities will include:
• Preparing materials and equipment.
• Supporting day to day tasks such as moving raw materials, counting parts and taking part in inspection and quality checks.
• Maintaining equipment to the appropriate standard.
• Working with Hand Tools
• Supporting the composites department
• Developing glass/carbon fibre moulds
• Lay up moulds
• Fitting and assembly operations
• Manufacturing backing structures
• Working with jigs and seating moulds for the Aerospace and automotive sectors.
• General workshop duties
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Mon - Thur 7.30am - 5pm Fri 6am - 1pm 43 hours
Salary : £193.50 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 26/01/2020
Possible Start Date : 27/01/2020
Personal Qualities : • Highly motivated.
• Hard working.
• A high focus on quality.
• Willing to learn.
Skills Required : • Strong attention to detail
• Highly organised
• Able to prioritise
• A basic understanding of manufacturing
• Keen interest
• Practical hobbies are a plus
Training to be Provided : Level 2 Diploma in Engineering Operations
Level 2 Certificate in Engineering Operations
- Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
- Working efficiently and effectively in an engineering environment
- Using and communicating technical information
- Lean/Business Improvement
- Mechanical maintenance/assemblies
- General Machining, Fitting and Assembly Applications
- Bench Fitting
Relevant Workplace Training
Functional Skills (If required)
Other Information : Please aware that the environment can be dusty and dirty and you will get hands on. Please disclose any allergies as the environment may affect you.
The map below shows the employer's location