Job Title : Birmingham Specialities - Multi-Skilled Maintenance Apprenticeship
Employer : Birmingham Specialities
Location : Birmingham, West Midlands
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Engineering Technician
Sector : Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00221
Brief Description : Apprentice Maintenance Technician based in Witton working in a busy manufacturing unit. The position will offer the opportunity to gain a broad experience in a maintaining a range of machine tools and factory infrastructure within the company's two sites
Qualifications Required : 5 GCSEs at 9 – 4 / A* - C (5 or above preferred), must include maths, English language, and ideally Science, or equivalent related qualification.
Vacancy Detail : Birmingham Specialities were established in 1926 and part of the Indutrade group since 2014. Our experienced team based across two Birmingham locations are committed to offering a complete manufacturing service to suit clients' needs.
With our new production and warehouse facility opened in 2020, we have acquired an additional manufacturing space of 19,000 square feet. Running alongside our current 25,000 square foot location this will help ensure that no matter how big your project we have the production capability to suit.
We operate in a variety of areas:
• In-house toolroom offering design, manufacture and maintenance. Utilising the latest technologies including CAD, Solidworks 3D and EDM. IGES and STEP file accommodated.
• A bespoke manufacturing control system ensuring effective capacity planning to achieve on time delivery.
• Modern power presses up to 125 tonnes capacity and the latest CNC machining plant.
• All areas supported by a range of ancillary equipment including nut and stud insertion, drilling and tapping, riveting, brazing, and spot welding.
• A variety of finishing and sub-assembly facilities available.
• Certification to BS EN ISO 9001:2015, with stringent quality procedures that include APQP, Lean, FMEA and SPC, with quality measurement to PPAP and ISIR standards.
We are looking for a multi-skilled maintenance apprentice to join us.
Apprentice Maintenance Technician. Following a process of internal mentoring and external training via MAKE UK. You will be capable of performing the following tasks:
• Machine Fault Finding (mechanical and electrical) repair
• Sourcing and fitting replacement parts
• Use of hand and power tools to assist in the role
• Maintain Factory infrastructure
• Fault Finding and repair to hydraulic, pneumatics and PLC systems
• Electrical test and repair and installation
• Maintain and repair ancillary manufacturing equipment
• Welding and fabrication
Interviews are to happen ASAP, so please ensure that you are available, possibly at short notice
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : year 1 - 8am-4.30 mon - Thurs; 8am-12.30 Friday 36.5hrs
Salary : £ 185.00 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 30/12/2020
Possible Start Date : 01/02/2021
Personal Qualities : Presentable, Practical, hands on
Skills Required : Hands on application and a willingness to learn from experienced mentors
Future Prospects : On completion of your apprenticeship, you will become a multi-skilled maintenance engineer.
Training to be Provided : This 4 year programme will include:
• Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham
• NVQ Level 3 in Engineering
• A Technical Certificate (BTEC Diploma Level 3 in Engineering)
• In house training in line with your requirements.
The map below shows the employer's location