Job Title : Narrow Aisle - Mechanical Fitter Apprentice - Immediate start
Employer : Narrow Aisle Limited
Location : Tipton, West Midlands, DY4 7AU
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Engineering Technician
Sector : Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00227
Brief Description : This exciting role will include assisting in the installation, maintenance and service of plant and equipment, including project and development work to manufacturers standards under the supervision of a member of the maintenance department.
Qualifications Required : 5 GCSEs, or equivalent, at grade 4 (C) or above including maths, English language and ideally science
Vacancy Detail : For over 30 years, Narrow Aisle Ltd has been one of the world’s foremost manufacturers of very narrow aisle (VNA) equipment.
We design, manufacture and market the award-winning Flexi AC range of articulated forklift trucks at the company’s UK manufacturing plant based in Great Bridge, Tipton, West Midlands and are distributed world-wide through a fully supported distributor network. Since Narrow Aisle pioneered the Flexi articulated truck in the early 1990s it has gone on to become the most popular on the market.
As part of our future plans we are looking to recruit an Apprentice Engineer to join our team on a permanent and full time basis. Reporting directly to the Workshop Manager you will undertake an extensive programme of training and further education in order to acquire the relevant skills to undertake the following roles as a mechanical fitter.
To become a fully competent Engineer you will need to complete a nationally accredited framework of training, which will entail the attainment of a number of key learning milestones managed through regular assessments.
Duties and Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Mechanical plant installation and modification focused role.
- Other tasks to include some installation and maintenance of pumps/pipes/vessels.
- Breakdown and scheduled preventative maintenance.
- Role may involve some working in confined spaces and at heights.
- observing, learning and developing practical skills through a range of methods;
- completing tasks, tests, assignments, presentations and other required evaluations;
- maintaining appropriate training logs and related documentation;
- attending and participating in both on and off-site training classes and workshops;
- observing and complying with all Company processes including health and safety procedures and requirements;
- building professional working relationships with colleagues and instructors.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Year 1 - Mon-Thur 8am - 4.30pm Fri 8am-12.30pm
Salary : £ 206.25 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 17/06/2021
Possible Start Date : 13/09/2021
Personal Qualities : • proactive and able to use own initiative;
• adaptable and flexible;
• well-organised with good time management skills;
• team player with ability to build good working relationships.
Skills Required : • a passion for engineering and an eagerness for learning;
Future Prospects : Once you complete your apprenticeship you will become a mechanical fitter
Training to be Provided : This 4 year programme will include:
• Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham
• NVQ Level 3 in Engineering
• A Technical Certificate (BTEC Diploma Level 3 in Engineering)
• In house training in line with your requirements.
The map below shows the employer's location