Job Title : Epson - Toolmaker - Advanced Apprenticeship - September 2021 Start
Employer : Epson
Location : Telford, Shropshire, TF1 7EY
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Engineering Technician
Sector : Engineering and Technical Support
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00265
Brief Description : Apprentice Toolmaker required to work in busy tool room manufacturing and maintaining tools and equipment used in our manufacturing departments. You will work in an engineering environment learning the skills required to become a qualified Toolmaker.
Qualifications Required : Minimum of 3 GCSEs at 9 – 4 / A* - C (or equivalent) which must include Maths, English Language, and Science.
Vacancy Detail : At Epson Telford Ltd, Quality is the driving force behind everything we do, from our clean room manufacturing environment to the way we support and develop our people. Our core business at Hortonwood is the manufacture and distribution of printing cartridges. Join us and play your part to ensure that we maintain and improve our position as a world class Manufacturer.
We are seeking to employ and train one Tool Maker apprentice.
You will be highly trained to work in the world of manufacturing, the initial training will be broad based leading to a first appointment as an apprentice toolmaker.
As an apprentice toolmaker you will develop skills enabling you to perform the following duties:
• Fit and assemble parts to make, repair, or modify dies, jigs, gauges, and tools, using machine tools and hand tools.
• File, grind, shim, and adjust different parts to properly fit them together.
• Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as callipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, and dial indicators.
• Set up and operate conventional or computer numerically controlled machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to cut, bore, grind, or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes.
• Smooth and polish flat and contoured surfaces of parts or tools, using scrapers, abrasive stones, files, emery cloths, or power grinders.
• Lift, position, and secure machined parts on surface plates or worktables, using hoists, v-blocks, or angle plates.
• Measure, mark, and scribe metal to lay out machining, using instruments such as protractors, micrometers, scribes, and rulers.
• Cut, shape, and trim blanks or blocks to specified lengths or shapes, using power saws, power shears, rules, and hand tools.
• Set up and operate drill to drill and tap holes in parts for assembly.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday - Thursday 8.30 – 17.00 & Friday 8.30-16.00
Salary : £ 198.07 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 30/06/2021
Possible Start Date : 06/09/2021
Personal Qualities : - Confident and enthusiastic with a positive attitude to team work and eager to learn.
- Ability to use your initiative and driven to provide excellent customer service.
Skills Required : - Excellent communication skills
- Able to demonstrate a clear interest to work in the manufacturing sector.
Future Prospects : Progression opportunities are available, we want people to work to their strengths – to do work they enjoy. Your long-term development is in your hands, we are looking for all of our future technical people and managers to develop from our apprenticeship programme.
Training to be Provided : • Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham
• NVQ Level 3
• A Technical Certificate (BTEC Diploma Level 3)
• In house training in line with your requirements.
• Employment Rights and Responsibilities
• Personal, learning and thinking skills award
Other Information : Please note that Epson are looking for someone to join them ASAP however you will only be starting your studies in September. Prior to this date you will attend Epson to embed yourself into the role.
About the employer:
• At Epson Telford Ltd, Quality is the driving force behind everything we do, from our clean room manufacturing environment to the way we support and develop our people.
• Our core business at Hortonwood is the manufacture and distribution of printing cartridges.
• Join us and play your part to ensure that we maintain and improve our position as a world class Manufacturer.
The map below shows the employer's location