Job Title : IMI Truflo - Manufacturing (Assembly) Advanced Apprentice - Sept 2021 start
Employer : IMI Truflo Marine
Location : Birmingham, B6 7JF
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Engineering Technician
Sector : Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00271
Brief Description : IMI Truflo Marine, part of the IMI Critical Engineering Division within IMI Plc, has been a specialist in the design and manufacture of high integrity valves, actuators and pressure reducing stations for critical nuclear and naval marine applications.
Qualifications Required : The minimum entry requirements should be 5 GCSE’s at grades C to A* to include Mathematics, English and a Science.
Vacancy Detail : IMI Truflo Marine, part of the IMI Critical Engineering Division within IMI Plc, has been a specialist in the design and manufacture of high integrity valves, actuators and pressure reducing stations for critical nuclear and naval marine applications for over 50 years. IMI Truflo Marine are seeking to employ and train 2 Manufacturing (Assembly) Apprentices to be part of the Company’s exciting future development and growth plan. You will be highly trained to work in the world of manufacturing/engineering; the initial training will be broad based leading to a first appointment within our manufacturing teams.
IMI plc, the specialist engineering company, designs, manufactures and services highly engineered products that control the precise movement of fluids. IMI employs some 11,000 people, has manufacturing facilities in more than 20 countries and operates a global service network. As a company that strives to create new solutions and provide an unrivalled level of service to our customers, we are passionate about our people. They hold the keys to our ongoing growth and success and that’s why we do everything we can to nurture them at work. We’re very proud of the people we’ve bought into the business and helped to develop. There are so many exceptional individuals making IMI what it is today.
Our programme allows you to ‘learn while you earn’, receiving professional training while you gain your qualifications. As your independence grows, you’ll be able to actively apply your knowledge with hands-on work, contributing to the IMI Truflo Marine’s performance. With combined support from experienced IMI colleagues and Make UK, you’ll be prepared for an exciting career. You will take part in a ‘block’ release training programme, and you’ll be a paid, full time member of the IMI team.
When you embark on an Apprenticeship with IMI, whether it is in engineering or business, you can be sure of one thing, absolutely anything can happen. That’s because we work on a global scale on critical projects in the Naval Marine and Nuclear market, developing technology that enhances lives.
With hugely ambitious projects, new technology and shared processes at your fingertips, you might just surprise yourself. We’re looking for enthusiastic individuals that are motivated, committed and keen to learn. Self-starters that can manage their time, show initiative and of course, have a genuine interest in engineering or business. Join us today and find out what you’re capable of.
Working within a Lean production environment using Lean methodologies in coordination with the relevant teams and departments, you will be assisting the production area in ensuring components are manufactured, assembled and tested in line with customer, company and statutory standards providing a high-quality service to both internal and external customers. Duties will include but no be limited to: -
• Participating in cross functional teams, under supervision of the Production Manager.
• Assisting and working under the guidance of qualified Fitters, Inspectors, Quality Personnel and Machine Operators in the production of components and finished products.
• Machining a variety of components in different batch quantities within required standards and tolerances.
• Using Lean methodologies to ensure all machines and machine tools are effectively operated to an acceptable level of performance.
• Reading and interpretation of manufacturing, CNC programs and customer drawings.
• Ensuring continued communication and good relationships with external and internal customers.
• Maintaining accurate records including the in-house Seiki and EFACs system.
• Carrying out any other duties appropriate to this post, as necessary or as requested
Positions Available : 2
Working Week : Mon-Thurs 8am-16:30pm Fri 8am-12:30pm
Salary : £ 263.67 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 30/06/2021
Possible Start Date : 13/09/2021
Personal Qualities : • Excellent interpersonal, communication and attention to detail skills.
• Able to demonstrate a clear interest to work in the manufacturing/engineering sector.
• Able to work quickly and methodically with a compliance driven mindset.
• Determined to overcome unexpected obstacles to get to the right solution.
• Collaborative and a good team player.
• Delivers on promises, do what they say they will do, when they say they will do it.
• Acts with integrity – deliver on promises, inspires trust, builds credibility and follows
responsible business practices at all times, always prepared to do the right thing.
• Delivers results – create momentum and pace to drive results.
• Works well under pressure and engages at all levels of the organisation both internally
• Able to follow instructions and to concentrate whilst carrying out repetitive tasks.
• Willing to obtain security clearance
Skills Required : • Problem solving skills and taking the accountability for implementing and delivering results.
• Good understanding of Engineering and Manufacturing is desirable but not essential.
• Able to produce timely work where required.
• Good communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to build good relationships
within the Company and externally.
• Practical knowledge of machining, assembly, engineering and quality is desirable but
• Understanding of lean principles is desired but not essential, as training will be provided
Future Prospects : Once you complete your apprenticeship, you will become an assembly technician.
Training to be Provided : This 4 year programme will include:
• Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham
• NVQ Level 3 in Engineering
• A Technical Certificate (BTEC Diploma Level 3 in Engineering)
• In house training in line with your requirements.
Other Information : Due to the contracts worked on site, you may be required to pass a base level security clearance.
The map below shows the employer's location