Job Title : Swish Building Products - Level 3 - Extrusion Setter Apprentice
Employer : Swish Building Products
Location : Tamworth, B79 7TF
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Engineering Technician
Sector : Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00308
Brief Description : To support the Process Technician and learn the skills required to become an experienced extrusion tool setter
Qualifications Required : 3 GCSEs, or equivalent, at grade 4 (C) or above in particular in Maths and English language
Vacancy Detail : Swish Building Products, Part of Epwin Group, is one of the UK’s largest manufacturers and suppliers of PVC windows, doors and fascia systems with some of the best-known manufacturing and service names in the sector. Group businesses also produce high quality cladding, guttering, decking and prefabricated GRP building components.
To support the Process Technician and learn the skills required to become an experienced extrusion tool setter
• Carry out tasks as designated by the Process Technician
• Learn how to conduct a safety audit and identify hazards in the production area
• Learn the range of defects and the variety of solutions used to fix them
• Liaise with Quality Department in respect of issues raised by customers
• Support line audits and take the opportunity to make minor repairs
• Support with building and stripping down dies & calibrators within production
• To learn the how to strip, clean and rebuild dies
• Support the testing of new extrusion tools and provide feedback to the toolroom
• Learn how to safely use hand tools and machine tools safely for minor repairs within our toolroom
• Make sure profile samples are correctly labelled to pass on information around the technical team
• Adherence to all organisational policies, management systems and standard operational procedures, including legal responsibilities in relation to Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality
• Work positively to develop and foster good working relationships with colleagues and contracted personnel in order to maintain a culture of mutual respect and dignity
• Represent the organisation in a positive way as to avoid the damage of corporate image or bringing the company into disrepute
• Promote and display the Epwin Core Values
Positions Available : 2
Working Week : 8.00am – 5.00pm Mon – Thurs and 8.00am – 3.30pm Friday
Salary : £ 258.92 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 27/09/2021
Possible Start Date : 01/10/2021
Personal Qualities : • High level of numeracy and literacy
• Ability to use a PC to an operational level
• Good communication skills
• Inventive approach to problem solving
Skills Required : • Clean, neat and tidy approach to work
• Punctual and adaptable
• Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a larger team.
• Polite manner
• Willingness to learn and develop skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
Future Prospects : To support the Process Technician and learn the skills required to become an experienced extrusion tool setter
Training to be Provided : This 4 year programme will include:
• Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham
• NVQ Level 3 in Engineering
• A Technical Certificate (BTEC Diploma Level 3 in Engineering)
• In house training in line with your requirements.
Other Information : Please note that this 4 year mechatronic apprenticeship involves:
Year 1 you will be at Make UK Aston full time.
Year 2 you will be attending Make UK 1 day per week and 4 days at Swish.
Year 3 and 4 you will be based at Swish in Tamworth full time.
The map below shows the employer's location