Job Title : Beko Technologies - Midlands Field Service Engineer Apprentice - Level 3
Employer : Beko Technologies Ltd
Location : Redditch, B98 9PA
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Engineering Technician
Sector : Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00311
Brief Description : Are you looking to develop your engineering knowledge working with a market leader, whilst training for a technical certificate and NVQ?
Qualifications Required : Have at least 5 GCSE, grades 9-4 including English, Maths and Science.
Vacancy Detail : BEKO TECHNOLOGIES develops, manufactures and sells components and systems worldwide for an optimised compressed air quality. With an extensive program the company stands for compressed air technology "at its best". For more than three decades, our company has developed, manufactured and sold high-quality, reliable and efficient components and systems for compressed air processing and condensate technology. Now, we offer a complete program and solutions that safeguard the required quality in our customers’ production processes and it makes those processes more energy-efficient. Expert advice and a qualified service are a trademark of the independent and family-owned company.
What does the scheme involve?
• Studying towards a full engineering apprenticeship by successfully completing all external assessments.
• Working in the field with qualified service engineers in order to gain valuable on the job experience.
• Carrying out servicing and maintenance on customer machines, diagnosing mechanical and electrical faults.
• Ordering spare parts for service orders, liaising with internal teams.
• Performing related duties as and when required
What will your personal development include?
Over a period of 4 years, you will have the opportunity to gain:
A National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) (equivalent in Scotland)
Vocationally achieved – opportunity for you to demonstrate competence in a working environment.
A wide variety of transferable skills, relevant to an everyday working environment, including:
Communication, Numeracy, IT Skills, Working with others
A Technical Certificate (knowledge based vocationally related qualifications)
Delivered alongside NVQ
Includes some form of external assessment, which may include:
Case study work
Centrally set projects or assignments
Why does our apprenticeship scheme stand out?
• You will have a skilled mentor from day 1, dedicated to providing quality on the job training.
• We will provide you with a company laptop and mobile phone to keep you connected out in the field.
• In Year 3 onwards you will also have a company van, which you can use for personal use (personal fuel is not paid for).
• We have positive team-working atmosphere, encouraging innovation and collaboration.
• We provide full PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), because your safety is our priority.
• Ongoing support – Regular contact with your team/mentor through monthly ‘Toolbox’ meetings, plus regular reviews with the UK Management Team.
Positions Available : 2
Working Week : Yr 1 - Mon - Thur 8am - 4.30pm Fri 8am - 12.30pm. Year 2 - Flexible hours available
Salary : £ 193.45 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 27/09/2021
Possible Start Date : 01/10/2021
Personal Qualities : • An interest and basic knowledge in engineering or mechanical processes.
• Be willing to study away from home for periods over the 4-years.
• Have good computer literacy skills, including a working knowledge of Word & Excel
Skills Required : • Have good computer literacy skills, including a working knowledge of Word & Excel
• Be strong communicator with the ability to express ideas and receive and exchange information clearly
• Be customer focused with the ability to maintain a good level of customer satisfaction and taking action when needed to meet the expectations of the customer.
• Have the ability to showcase critical thinking, and the ability to identify alternatives to current thinking, in order to develop and implement innovative solutions to problems.
• Be committed, and hardworking, willing to invest in their own future with this great opportunity.
Future Prospects : Once qualified, you will become a field service engineer.
Training to be Provided : This 4 year programme will include:
• Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham
• NVQ Level 3 in Engineering
• A Technical Certificate (BTEC Diploma Level 3 in Engineering)
• In house training in line with your requirements.
Other Information : *Please note that this role will be based in the Midlands area*
Please ensure you have a clean full UK driving license (held for a minimum of 1 year).
The map below shows the employer's location