Job Title : ABB - Level 3 - Maintenance Worker Apprentice
Employer : ABB Ltd
Location : Coleshill, B46 1HG
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Engineering Technician
Sector : Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00321
Brief Description : Supports Maintenance team in conduct of all activities within agreed maintenance guidelines and procedures to increase the overall efficiency of the equipment and production lines.
Qualifications Required : Essential – 3 or 5 GCSEs at 9 – 4 / A* - C (5 or above preferred), must include maths, English language, and ideally Science, or equivalent related qualification.
Vacancy Detail : 1. Execution Executes the assigned work according to agreed work flows and in accordance with ABB standard processes and safety guidelines.
2. Maintenance Responds to emergencies/break-downs. Reports for records all recurring problems with machinery, equipment and parts that can be identified and addressed.
3. Tools calibration Sets calibration, adjusts equipment, machinery and instruments so that they comply with production specifications and instructions.
4. Health, safety and environment (HSE) Adheres to the health, safety and environmental guidelines and directives to ensure safety of people and resources.
Your main responsibilities are - Set up and operate conventional or computer numerically controlled machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, spark erodes, grinders to cut, bore, grind, or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes.
- Carry out daily machine safety checks on all tool room Machinery
- Carry out TPM on all tool room Machinery
- Read tooling drawings and produce detailed components within specified tolerances
- Proactive in the design and manufacture of various jigs, downstream equipment to improve processing operations.
- Supporting the Installation & development of new processes
- Develop a tool care program for all departments
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Mon-Thurs 8.00am-16:30pm Fri 8.00am-13.00
Salary : £ 167.70 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 07/01/2022
Possible Start Date : 24/01/2022
Personal Qualities : Team player
Hardworking and Enthusiastic
An individual contributor who performs tasks or activities with knowledge acquired on the job. Responsibilities may focus on manual labour or operating machinery in the production environment.
Skills Required : • Ability to work with minimum supervision
• Able to work off own initiative.
• Ability to work to tight dead lines
Future Prospects : Once qualified, you will become a maintenance technician
Training to be Provided : This 4 year programme will include:
• Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham
• NVQ Level 3 in Engineering
• A Technical Certificate (BTEC Diploma Level 3 in Engineering)
• In house training in line with your requirements.
The map below shows the employer's location