Job Title : Tooling 2000 - Level 2 Apprentice Engineering Technician
Employer : Next Gen Makers
Location : Birmingham
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Engineering Technician
Sector : Engineering and Technical Support
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00211
Brief Description : To train as an Engineering Apprentice Technician, to undertake a structured training program of workshop work and academic study to gain the required skills and knowledge to support the requirements of a leading well-established press tool manufacturer. Th
Qualifications Required : Essential – 3 or 5 GCSEs at 9 – 4 / A* - C (5 or above preferred), must include maths, English language, and ideally Science, or equivalent related qualification.
• A desire to be an Engineer
• A good listener
• Eager to learn
• Curious and inquisitive
• A good communicator
Vacancy Detail :
Duties to include but not limited to:
• 2D & 3D CAD Tool design
• Developing 3 and 5 axis programmes
• Basic fitting techniques
• The setting and programming of work on CNC machines
• The setting up of work on manual machines
• Grinding, benchwork and associated techniques
• Checking and inspection of Tooling
• Understanding both in house and customer supplied engineering drawings.
• Use of the crane’s to safely manoeuvre work.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 7am – 4pm Monday to Thursday. 7am – 1pm Friday
Salary : £ 240.50 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 03/10/2021
Possible Start Date : 10/10/2021
Personal Qualities : The following personal qualities are very important to the company:
Skills Required : A previous Level 3 Engineering qualification. Grades 5 or higher in GCSE Maths. Basic Engineering knowledge, the ability to read engineering drawings, an understanding of health and safety in the workplace, able to use measuring equipment, some experience of CNC programming and CAD/CAM design would also be beneficial. A good level of practical ability is also essential.
Training to be Provided : This 4 year programme will include:
• Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham
• NVQ Level 3 in Engineering
• A Technical Certificate (BTEC Diploma Level 3 in Engineering)
• In house training in line with your requirements.
The map below shows the employer's location