Job Title : Ishida - Level 3 Technical Product Design Apprenticeship *Start Date ASAP*
Employer : Ishida Europe
Location : Birmingham, B32 3DB
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Engineering Technician
Sector : Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00350
Brief Description : As a technical design apprentice, you will be highly trained to work in the world of Engineering and Manufacturing in the Food Industry Sector, before specialising in the design of products and lines for Ishida’s customers.
Qualifications Required : Essential - 5 GCSEs at 9 – 4 / A* - C (5 or above preferred), must include maths, English and Science, or equivalent related qualification
Vacancy Detail : As a world leader in the design, manufacture and installation of weighing and packing line solutions, Ishida has an in-depth understanding of many diverse industries – from meat to confectionery, from snacks to frozen food and more. Ishida Europe has its headquarters in Birmingham, UK, and serves Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA). We have wholly-owned Ishida sales companies in 9 countries, and committed, experienced agents and distributors in a further 15 countries. Innovative weighing and packaging equipment plus complete line solutions for these territories are developed and constructed in our UK manufacturing facility.
We are seeking to employ and train three Technical Product Design Engineers through advanced level 3 apprenticeships.
As a technical apprentice, you will be highly trained to work in the world of Engineering and Manufacturing in the Food Industry Sector the world’s leading supplier of Food Packaging Machines and Equipment.
The initial training and development will be broad based leading to a first appointment as a Technical Design Engineer focused in Product Design. This role will involve utilising in house software to develop and design machine lines to be installed at customer sites.
The roles mentioned above will feature a range different engineering activities aligned to the job roles with a detailed development plan for the four years of their apprenticeship programme.
This will involve:
• In year 1, you will spend 4/5 days per week at Make UK and potentially 1 day at Ishida within the design department
• In years 2 – 4, you will get the opportunity to spend time in multiple departments to gain an understanding of the products and the new automation project as well as taking ownership of design tasks and projects
• Aligned to the apprentice programme there will be an educational development pathway, which will provide the engineering theory and knowledge
• Each apprentice will have a dedicated work mentor with planned regular reviews to support their progression
• The range of tasks will cover anything from product build, to customer visits, project tasks, to name a few
• The type of working environment or style is one of “Team work” where collaboration, engagement, positive challenges where the individual can demonstrate their skills and abilities to make a difference
• You will take part in Ishida’s coveted Exchange Programme, whose moto is “Knowledge Only Grows When Shared” where you will be given the opportunity to spend time at your old school, at suppliers, clients or in Special Projects or even in your own community
Positions Available : 3
Working Week : Mon - Thurs: 8.30 - 5.00 Fri: 8.30 - 4.30 Total Weekly hours: 38.25
Salary : £ 215.76 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 01/02/2022
Possible Start Date : 04/04/2022
Personal Qualities : We value:
Accountability – personal responsibility
Commitment - don’t give up when things get tough
Cooperation – to be a team player
Excellence – set high standards and strive to meet them
Innovation – look for ways to do your job better
Integrity – tell the truth and treat others with respect
You must be able to demonstrate a passion for engineering combined with a desire to start your career through an apprenticeship.
Skills Required : The apprenticeship programme lays the foundations of engineering expertise using the qualifications gained using maths and science principals gained at GCSE or equivalents
To be considered, you will a minimum of 5 GCSE or equivalent at grades A* to C/ 9 to 4 (B/6 preferred), including a solid level of Math’s, English and Science is essential.
You will be hard working, enthusiastic with excellent interpersonal skills
You will need to be diligent with a positive attitude to work and study
Future Prospects : Successful completion of the Ishida Apprenticeship may then lead to further sponsorship to HNC, HND Foundation Degree or full Degree courses. Many of our Apprentices progress to higher roles in the Business
At the end of your apprenticeship you will be in an ideal position to develop your career within Ishida. If you want to progress up the career ladder, you could take on the people management responsibilities and develop into a management position be this in engineering or the commercial side of our business or you could choose a technical route and take on extra duties and responsibilities. It doesn't have to stop there, your skills, drive and determination will open up many exciting opportunities with the Ishida group
Training to be Provided : This 4 year programme will include:
• Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham
• NVQ Level 3 in Engineering
• A Technical Certificate (BTEC Diploma Level 3 in Engineering)
• In house training in line with your requirements.
Other Information : We expect all our employees to have high levels of commitment with a strong work ethic. At Ishida Europe, we enable our people to strive for success through continuous learning and development. This means that promising young employees have the chance to rise through the ranks quickly.
Ishida Apprentices will have annual salary increases throughout their 4 year of the apprenticeship programme, as learning objectives are met. At the end of your successful completed apprenticeship programme it is planned that you will exit into that designated job role with the appropriate salary.
The map below shows the employer's location