Hadley Group - Level 3 Technical Engineering Apprenticeship
Company: Hadley Group
Location: Birmingham, B66 2PA
Salary: £205.00 per week
Sector: Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
Application Deadline Date: 31/05/2022
Start Date: 21/03/2022
Positions Available: 3
Working Week: Yr 1 at Make UK: Mon-Thurs 08:00-16:30, Fri 08:00-12:30
Do you want to shape your future in metal? Hadley Group's apprenticeship programme will help you to acquire the skills, knowledge and competence to carry out a range of engineering and manufacturing processes within the cold rolling environment.
GCSE at Grade C/4 or above in Maths, English Language and a Science subject. In addition you would also require a Design, Technology, Engineering, or creative-related subject also at Grade C/4 or above.
• A passion for Engineering /Manufacturing
• Embraces personal challenges
• Good work ethic and flexible approach
• High levels of motivation and action orientated
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Excellent communication skills
• Good attention to detail
• Able to follow instructions
• Active listener
• Active learner – understanding implications of new information for both current/future problem solving and decision making
• Able to work well as part of a team
• Critical thinker, uses logic, reasoning and experience to identify solutions
• CNC Machinist
• Multiskilled Maintenance Engineer
• Mechanical Engineer
• Electrical Engineer
• Design Engineer
• Commissioning Engineer
• Research & Development Engineer
• Commercial / Technical Sales
Do you want to shape your future in metal?
Hadley Group offer a supportive apprenticeship programme with a strong focus on your development.
Is your goal to become a skilled Toolmaker, CNC Machinist or Maintenance Engineer? Have you always dreamed of becoming a Design Engineer, Commissioning Engineer or Research & Development Engineer? Does a role in Commercial or Technical sales sound like the perfect position for you?
Hadley Group want to offer you the skills and flexibility you need to shape your future.
Should you show the potential and drive to progress onto an HNC or degree on completion of your apprenticeship, Hadley Group would be keen to support you to realise this ambition.
Apprenticeships have played an important role in the growth of the company over the past 25 years and they remain committed to harnessing and developing young talent through their widening apprenticeship programmes.
Please apply now to begin shaping your future in metal.
The Hadley Group are located in Smethwick, West Midlands and are a world leader in advanced cold rolled steel technology, with manufacturing facilities in Europe, the Middle East and Southeast Asia and over 700 employees worldwide. With a range of advanced manufacturing techniques, we deliver innovative solutions through modern technology, research and development and the design and manufacture of tooling and production machinery in order to produce steel applications across a range of sectors including construction, automotive, industrial and agriculture.
We are looking to employ, train and mentor 3 apprentices for our Advanced Technical Apprenticeship scheme. By joining our apprenticeship scheme, you will be highly trained to work in the world of manufacturing in a variety of disciplines.
• Gain relevant skills and job knowledge through the apprenticeship training scheme.
• Achieve relevant training qualifications.
• Attend regular training progress review meetings with Managers and Trainers.
• Attend day release college courses to achieve relevant technical certificates relating to apprentice job role.
• Record job reports for allocated placement and complete training checklists for future reference.
• Promote good health and safety within every training placement.
• Become capable in the use of a wide range of machine tools such as conventional and fully automated and state of the art machinery.
Upon completion of your apprenticeship it is the intention you will become a permanent employee of Hadley Group.
We promote continuous personal development for everyone working at the Hadley Group and would therefore be supportive of candidates should they want to progress onto a HNC/Degree.
During the first year, when not at Make UK, your hours at Hadley Group will be: Mon-Thurs 08:30-17:00, Fri 08:30-16:00. 37.75 hrs.
From the second year onward, depending on your rotational placement/chosen pathway you may be required to work the below shifts at some point during your apprenticeship: 6am-2pm, 8.30am–5pm & 2pm–10pm.
From the second year onward you may be based across the Hadley Group sites located in Smethwick and Oldbury