ABB - Level 3 - Multiskilled Maintenance Engineering Apprenticeship
Company: ABB Ltd
Location: Coleshill, B46 1HG
Salary: £220.00 per week
Sector: Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
Application Deadline Date: 01/09/2022
Start Date: 12/09/2022
Positions Available: 1
Working Week: Mon-Thurs 8.00am-16:30pm Fri 8.00am-13.00
ABB, judged as a Top Employer for 2022, are looking for a multiskilled maintenance engineering apprentice to join their progressive team in Coleshill. You will work for a company that sponsors the Formula E World Championships learning how to maintain and repair state of the art machinery.
Essential – 3 or 5 GCSEs at 9 – 4 / A* - C (5 or above preferred), must include maths, English language, and ideally Science, or equivalent related qualification.
Hardworking and Enthusiastic
An individual contributor who performs tasks or activities with knowledge acquired on the job. Responsibilities may focus on manual labour or operating machinery in the production environment.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision
• Able to work off own initiative.
• Ability to work to tight dead lines
Once qualified, you will become a maintenance technician
Part of the ABB Group, ABB work to support the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future for us all.
We have been judged as a Top Employer for 2022! Being certified as a Top Employer showcases an organisation’s dedication to a better world of work and exhibits this through excellent HR policies and people practices. We also sponsor the FIA Formula E World Championship!
Today, ABB stands as the largest supplier of industrial motors and drives, the largest provider of generators to the wind industry, and the largest supplier of power grids worldwide.
There are four distinct areas that this job covers:
Execution: Executes the assigned work according to agreed work flows and in accordance with ABB standard processes and safety guidelines.
Maintenance: Responds to emergencies/break-downs. Reports for records all recurring problems with machinery, equipment and parts that can be identified and addressed.
Tool calibration: Sets calibration, adjusts equipment, machinery and instruments so that they comply with production specifications and instructions.
Health, safety and environment (HSE): Adheres to the health, safety and environmental guidelines and directives to ensure safety of people and resources.
Your main responsibilities will be:
• Set up and operate conventional or computer numerically controlled machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, spark erodes, grinders to cut, bore, grind, or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes.
• Carry out daily machine safety checks on all tool room Machinery
• Carry out Preventative Maintenance on all tool room Machinery
• Read tooling drawings and produce detailed components within specified tolerances
• Proactive in the design and manufacture of various jigs, downstream equipment to improve processing operations.
• Supporting the Installation & development of new processes
• Develop a tool care program for all departments
You will be joining an amazing and growing company, which is at the forefront of technological advancements.