Epson - Level 3 - Apprentice injection moulding technician
Location: Telford, TF1 7EY
Salary: £198.07 per week
Sector: Engineering and Technical Support
Application Deadline Date: 30/09/2022
Start Date: 03/10/2022
Positions Available: 1
Working Week: Mon to Thurs 8.30 – 17.00 & Friday 8.30-16.00
Apprentice injection moulding technician required to work in our busy injection-moulding department where you will develop towards setting up machines for production and ensuring machines are maintained effectively for efficient production.
• 3 GCSE at Grade 4-9, to include Maths and English language
• Confident and enthusiastic with a positive attitude to team work and eager to learn
• Ability to use your initiative and driven to provide excellent customer service
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work in an accurate and methodical manner
• Work by self or part of a team.
• Experience of using MS office
• Able to develop good working relationships with a variety of colleagues
• Take ownership of tasks
Progression opportunities are available, we want people to work to their strengths – to do work they enjoy. Your long-term development is in your hands, we are looking for all of our future technical people and managers to develop from our apprenticeship programme.
At Epson Telford Ltd, Quality is the driving force behind everything we do, from our clean room manufacturing environment to the way we support and develop our people. Our core business at Hortonwood is the manufacture and distribution of printing cartridges.
We are seeking to employ and train one apprentice.
You will be highly trained to work in the world of manufacturing; the initial training will be broad based leading to a first appointment as an injection-moulding technician.
As an apprentice injection moulding technician you will develop skills enabling you to perform the following duties:
• Work as part of a team to support the production schedule and drive process improvements
• Install tooling in Injection Moulding Machines, and process within established process settings
• Support process qualification and Injection Moulding process troubleshooting
• Perform maintenance on process equipment in line with the Preventative Maintenance System
• Maintain equipment logs to document process performance, actions taken etc.
• Ensure jigs, fixtures and tooling are handled appropriately during the process setup phase
• Ensure that safety of personnel and in particular, that equipment safety guards and features are in full working order before the processes are released to production
• Proactively identify challenging process, equipment etc., and make recommendations for continuous improvement
• Support data capturing and trend analysis to identify opportunities for improvement
• At all times, maintain a culture of continuous improvement, while adhering to required standards of 5S and safety
• At Epson Telford Ltd, Quality is the driving force behind everything we do, from our clean room manufacturing environment to the way we support and develop our people.
• Our core business at Hortonwood is the manufacture and distribution of printing cartridges.
• Join us and play your part to ensure that we maintain and improve our position as a world class Manufacturer.