ABB - Level 3 - Machine Operator Apprenticeship
Company: ABB Ltd
Location: Coleshill, B46 1HG
Salary: £220.94 per week
Sector: Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
Application Deadline Date: 30/08/2022
Start Date: 12/09/2022
Positions Available: 2
Working Week: Mon-Thurs 8.00am-16:30pm Fri 8.00am-13.00
ABB, judged as a Top Employer for 2022, are looking for a machining apprentice to join their progressive team in Coleshill. Working for a company that sponsors the Formula E World Championships, you will operate process equipment or machinery to convert raw materials or semi-finished parts into components or finished parts
Essential – 3 or 5 GCSEs at 9 – 4 / A* - C (5 or above preferred), must include maths, English language, and ideally Science, or equivalent related qualification.
An individual contributor who performs tasks or activities with knowledge acquired on the job. Responsibilities may focus on manual labour or operating machinery in the production environment.
Hardworking and Enthusiastic
• Ability to work with minimum supervision
• Able to work off own initiative.
• Ability to work to tight dead lines
Once you have completed your apprenticeship, you will become a qualified CNC setter and machine operator
Part of the ABB Group, ABB in the UK is headquartered in Warrington, Cheshire and employs 1800 people operating from around 15 locations nationwide.
We work to support the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future for us all.
By connecting software to our electrification, robotics, automation and motion portfolio, we push the boundaries of technology to drive performance to new levels.
We supply around £0.5bn of innovative solutions, products and services annually in the UK to clients in a wide range of market sectors.
Like our global parent, the company in its current form was created in 1988, but our history goes much further back.
We have a long track record of innovation. Many of the technologies that underlie our modern society, from robot automation to a revolutionary approach to ship propulsion, were developed or commercialized by ABB.
We are searching for an apprentice to join ABB as a CNC operator Apprentice.
The role will involve:
1. Execution Executes the assigned work according to agreed work flows and in accordance with ABB standard processes and safety guidelines.
2. Operation Operates machines in accordance with operating manual/work schedule/production order instructions.
3. Repairs and adjustments
4. Quality The job may include regular standard maintenance of the equipment, set up of tools and programming. Typically a highly skilled worker.
5. Health & safety Conducts shop floor operations in compliance with health & safety guidelines and reports any non-compliance.
6. Carries out routine set-up and adjustments as well as simple repairs and fits simple replacement parts.
- Ensure programs are available for all jobs and are saved correctly.
- Ensure tools are available and kept in good condition.
- Set machines to produce fittings as the orders are brought to the section.
- Prove out programs on machines before passing off for general production.
- Perform regular checks on production runs alongside operator.
- Ensure continuous running of machines for the length of the order.
- Ensure all finished work is handled and processed correctly.
- Create new programs for jobs as required.
- Complete shift paperwork correctly and in full.
- Ensure the safety and cleanliness of the section alongside other setters and operator.
- Working within the confines of the Company’s quality systems, works instructions and ISO 9001 and 14001.
- Abide by all aspects of Health and safety relating to the use of machinery, environment, tools or any other equipment on the company’s premises.
- Partake in any training courses deemed necessary by the company.
- Any other duties deemed necessary