Adient Seating UK Ltd - Level 3 Advanced Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship
Company: Adient Seating UK
Location: Wednesbury, WS10 7DD
Salary: £230.00 per week
Sector: Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
Application Deadline Date: 12/06/2022
Start Date: 05/09/2022
Positions Available: 1
Working Week: Year 1 - Monday- Thursday 8am-4.30pm, Friday 8am-12.30pm
Adient are seeking to employ and train one Multi-Skilled Maintenance Apprentice to be part of their exciting future development and growth plan. Adient is the world’s largest automotive seat manufacturer, leading the industry in the design, manufacture and assembly of car seats. You will join the team at our Wednesbury Foam Plant.
Minimum of 3 GCSE’s at grades A*-C (9-4) or Grade 4 and above, in Maths, English, Science, IT or Manufacturing
• Able to demonstrate a clear interest to work in the manufacturing/automotive/ sector
• Able to work quickly and methodically with a compliance driven mindset
• Determined to overcome unexpected obstacles to get to the right solution
• Collaborative and a good team player
• Delivers on promises, do what they say they will do, when they say they will do it
• Acts with integrity – deliver on promises, inspires trust, builds credibility and follows responsible business practices at all times, always prepared to do the right thing
• Delivers results – create momentum and pace to drive results
• Works well under pressure and engages at all levels of the organisation both internally and externally
• Able to follow instructions and to concentrate whilst carrying out repetitive tasks.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and attention to detail skills
• Have an enquiring mind and be interested in our business sector
• Be able to demonstrate problem-solving skills
• Good understanding of Engineering and Manufacturing is desirable but not essential
• Able to produce timely work where required
• Good communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to build good relationships within the Company and externally
• Practical knowledge of machining, assembly, engineering and quality is desirable but not essential
• Understanding of lean principles is desired but not essential
Once qualified, you will become a Multi-skilled maintenance engineer
We know you aim high. You want to do great things and fulfil your potential. And we believe that’s exactly what you should be aiming for. Because you should be the future of our business. The Adient apprenticeship programme is a great platform for your career development, in a Technical, Engineering or Chemical role. The future is within your control.
As your knowledge, skills and commitment develop, you’ll find you’re critical to the success of our business and play an ever-increasing part of making it work. In operating an apprenticeship program, it is our intention to find the individuals for the business’ future, operating in our highest technical roles.
At Adient every year we supply automotive seats and components for more than 25,000,000 cars. With one in three seats in the world coming from our facilities, we work with all major automakers and vehicle classes. And in an industry that spans continents, we’re truly a global presence. Through meticulous orchestration, we work to deliver the right products at the right time and are always right where our customers need us to be.
34 countries – 84,000 people – 90 minutes from order to delivery – 12 core engineering technical centres – 238 plants
Our Vision: To improve the experience of a world in motion.
Our Mission: We will be the world-class automotive seating supplier through leadership in cost, quality, launch execution and customer satisfaction. We will leverage our capabilities to drive growth, both within and beyond the automotive industry.
You will be highly trained to work in the world of manufacturing/engineering within a lean production environment.; the initial training will be broad based leading to specialising in maintenance within Chemical Process.
During your apprenticeship you will be given a broad base of knowledge in many areas of specialism including Mechanical, Chemical, and Lean Manufacturing Principles, before being given the opportunity to specialise in either Chemical Process role.
You will join the team at our Wednesbury Foam Plant, where the latest technology is used in a fast-paced automotive arena to produce high quality products.
In Wednesbury our vision is to be the foam supplier of choice in the UK. We lead global excellence in foam manufacturing. As a team, we are engaged with our work and passionate about Wednesbury. Joining us will mean that you will buy into this vision, we will engage with you and you with us.
Our programme allows you to ‘learn while you earn’, receiving professional training while you gain your qualifications. As your independence grows, you’ll be able to actively apply your knowledge with hands-on work, contributing to the plant’s performance. With combined support from experienced Adient colleagues and Make UK, you’ll be prepared for an exciting career. With combined support from experienced Adient colleagues and Make UK, you’ll be prepared for an exciting career. You will take part in a ‘block’ release training programme, and you’ll be a paid, full time member of the Adient team. You will take part in a 4 year apprenticeship scheme where you will spend year 1 of your apprenticeship at Make UK's state of the art training facility in Aston where you will learn your hands-on skills, and then you will spend year 2 on day release at Make UK, attending the training centre 1 day per week. In years 3 and 4 you will complete your NVQ alongside a Make UK training and development Advisor on site at Adient.
As a plant, we use the very latest technology to produce the highest quality products. At the start of our program we will be introducing to this, in a hands on and active manner. Working closely with our Engineering and Process teams you will be guided and supported to become the best you can be.
Working within these departments, you will learn about how modern manufacturing plants operate using Lean methodologies. You will grow to take on responsibilities in maintaining and controlling multi millions of pounds of equipment, which is used to service all of the UK major car manufacturers with little room for error.
To do this effectively, some more specific duties will include:
• Participating in cross functional teams
• Ensuring all machines and tools are effectively operated to an acceptable level of performance
• Using Lean methodologies within the working area and ensuring machinery and work areas are cleaned and maintained
• Assisting in the control of our production lines, learning about the chemical formulations and process equipment operation
• Assist in the measurement and inspection of form learning about the relationships between production equipment and the quality of the product
• Assisting and performing general housekeeping duties to keep tools tidy and safe
• Ensuring continued communication and good relationships with external and internal customers
• Supporting the implementation of KPIs to monitor performance internally, and externally
• To comply with all Health and Safety policies across Adient
• Carrying out any other duties appropriate to this post, as necessary or as requested
Successful apprentices would receive an apprenticeship agreement which details all the terms and conditions of the apprenticeship. This would also include the details regarding working hours within the business as a core but also what the apprentice would be required to work and whether this included working a rotating shift pattern which involves early starts and late evenings.
Successful apprentices would be provided with training and development opportunities and would also be required to ensure that they are abide by the Company and Make UK’s Health and Safety policies and procedures including the use of PPE.
Our Company site is located within an industrial estate near Wednesbury Town centre. There is a local tram station in easy walking distance with trams running regularly to Birmingham city centre and Wolverhampton; other local transport links service the town centre; the site also has a private car park for employees only.