ZF - Level 3 - Multiskilled Maintenance Engineering Apprenticeship
Company: ZF Lemforder UK Limited
Location: Wednesbury, WS10 8BL
Salary: £201.48 per week
Sector: Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
Application Deadline Date: 14/08/2022
Start Date: 12/09/2022
Positions Available: 2
Working Week: year 1 - Mon - Thurs 8am - 4.30pm Fri 8am - 12.30pm
This amazing apprenticeship will train you to become a multiskilled maintenance engineer, within the automotive industry, teaching you how to diagnose and fix machinery within a manufacturing environment.
4 GCSEs at Grade C/4 or equivalent, including Mathematics,
English and a Science.
• A person who is comfortable working alone or within a team.
• Feel comfortable and capable of integrating themselves within a
team and support team objectives. Be able to consider the
consequences of their actions to others and the business as a
• Can demonstrate a logical approach to problems
• Flexible approach to their work and a willingness to take on ideas
• A positive attitude and has a desire to work in this role and
• Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise their own
• Excellent communication skills
• Able to demonstrate a clear interest to work in the manufacturing
• IT skills required. Microsoft Office literate
Once qualified, you will be a multiskilled maintenance engineer.
ZF Lemforder UK Ltd is the leading supplier of Automotive Suspension components and axle suspension systems in the UK with a sales turnover in excess of £100 million. The Company has two sites within the UK. Our Darlaston site is a batch manufacturing site producing chassis components for major OEM players, including Jaguar Land Rover, Toyota, BMW and Aston Martin. Our Solihull site is an award winning Just In Sequence supplier, assembling corner modules for Land Rover’s Discovery and Range Rover Sport models. Across both plants, we employ approximately 320 direct employees and staff.
This 4 year apprenticeship will include:
• Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
• Carrying out maintenance activities according to the maintenance plans
• Carrying out complex fault diagnosis and repair activities on systems such as:
Maintaining mechanical equipment
Maintaining hydraulic & pneumatic equipment
Maintaining electrical & electronic equipment
Understanding and interpreting process logic control equipment
• Learning to complete all machine maintenance tasks as per the preventative maintenance plans
• Assisting in identifying and monitoring that the correct level of spare parts is held on site and
• Developing the skills to identify and suggest improvements to prevent machine breakdowns and
avoid the reoccurrence of faults and problems
• Correctly completing all documentation as required on databases such as SAP, e.g. the
machine history record, preventative maintenance plan etc
• Recording all work completed, parts used, and problems encountered
• Assisting the Manufacturing Engineers and Technical supervisors in solving technical or quality
• Completing any other reasonable tasks as required by the business
This 4 year apprenticeship involves spending your first year at Make UK's training facility, earning whilst you learn, then in year 2 you will be on day release, spending 4 days at work and 1 day per week at Make UK. Years 3 & 4 you will be based full time at ZF.
You will receive annual salary reviews to reflect your increase in knowledge, experience and qualifications.