WHS Plastics - level 3 - Toolmaker Apprenticeship
Company: WHS Plastics Limited
Location: Sutton Coldfield, B76 9BG
Salary: £200.75 per week
Sector: Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
Application Deadline Date: 08/08/2022
Start Date: 12/09/2022
Positions Available: 1
Working Week: Year 1 - Mon - Thurs 8am - 4.30pm Fri 8am - 12.30pm
As a toolmaker, you will learn how to build, repair and take apart a tool safely whilst learning about the engineering process that sits behind it, investigating issues and fixing them will be an important part of this role.
5 GCSE’s Grade 9-4, (including Maths and English)
• An interest in engineering and why you want to become a WHS Plastics apprentice.
• Positive work ethic
• Ability to follow precise instructions
• Keen eye for detail
• Hands on mind set
• Problem solving abilities
Once you complete your apprenticeship, you will become a fully qualified toolmaker within the company
This role will require individuals to bring the products we design to life, the tool making process allows us to build and shape metal in a way that allows us to inject plastic into it creating a unique mould. This is then sold to our wide range of customers in the automotive and non-automotive industry.
As a toolmaker, you will learn:
- how to build, repair and take apart a tool safely whilst learning about the engineering process that sits behind it, investigating issues and fixing them will be an important part of this role.
- a variety of skills using high tech machinery to grind and polish metal to give an outstanding finish.
- how to use overhead gantry cranes and our spark and wire eroding machines as well.
As an apprentice Toolmaker you will train to become a highly skilled engineer in precision tool-making.
Throughout your apprenticeship you will develop your knowledge, skills and behaviours required to produce precision tools and holding devices alongside servicing complex plastic injection mould tools.
We would like someone who has a genuine passion for engineering