ZF - Level 3 - Project Engineer Apprenticeship
Company: ZF Lemforder UK Limited
Location: Wednesbury, WS10 8BL
Salary: £201.48 per week
Sector: Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
Application Deadline Date: 30/09/2022
Start Date: 03/10/2022
Positions Available: 1
Working Week: year 1 - Mon - Thurs 8am - 4.30pm Fri 8am - 12.30pm
This amazing apprenticeship will train you to become a project engineer, within the automotive industry, teaching you to support the Project teams in the introduction of new products into production
4 GCSEs at Grade C/4 or equivalent, including Mathematics,
English and a Science.
• Willingness to carry out both office based and hands on activities.
• Ability to produce and read engineering drawings.
• Ability to understand basic measurement principles.
• Good analytical and problem solving abilities, together with good self-organisational
• Reliable, Trustworthy and Punctual.
• A sensible level of additional working hours may be required to support the objectives of
the project where necessary.
• Excellent communication skills
• Able to demonstrate a clear interest to work in the manufacturing
• IT skills required. Microsoft Office literate
Once qualified, you will be a project engineer.
This 4 year apprenticeship will include:
• Support Engineering activities on new products, running changes and Existing products using internal and Customer systems.
• Support customer APQP processes, FMEA and control plan preparation.
• Support the manufacture of parts at both Prototype and Production stages.
• Support the creation of Process documentation.
• Support the ordering process.
• Support preparation of process capability studies.
• Assist with production machine trials, associated Development and problem solving.
• Support cost saving initiatives on Design and Process improvements
• Support the activities of the Project Team and the Engineering department.
• Support the Project Leader and the wider Department in achieving defined Goals.
This 4 year apprenticeship involves spending your first year at Make UK's training facility, earning whilst you learn, then in year 2 you will be on day release, spending 4 days at work and 1 day per week at Make UK. Years 3 & 4 you will be based full time at ZF.
You will receive annual salary reviews to reflect your increase in knowledge, experience and qualifications.