Wincanton - Level 3 - Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineering Apprenticeship
Company: Wincanton Group Ltd
Location: Coleshill, B46 1AL
Salary: £355.30 per week
Sector: Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
Application Deadline Date: 22/08/2022
Start Date: 12/09/2022
Positions Available: 1
Working Week: In Year 1: Monday - Thursday 8am - 4:00pm and Friday 8 am - 12:30 pm
A vacancy has arisen within flagship site at Hams Hall, working with Automated Machinery used to store and retrieve finished Goods products to meet Customer demands on time every time. The Engineering Team’s role is to ensure there are no equipment failures due to substandard maintenance standards for all equipment on site
A minimum of 3 GCSE's min of Maths, English and preferably a Science, at Grade 4 (C) or above
• It is essential that the candidate has keen attention to detail and a high level of pride in their work to ensure that the technical accuracy of their work meets the companies required standards
• It is important that the candidate is self-motivated
• Excellent communication skills
• An effective problem solver with good planning skills
On successful completion of your apprenticeship, you will become a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Wincanton is one of the largest UK Logistics Companies, providing supply chain consultancy and solutions to some of the world’s most admired brands. Employing approximately 17,700 people across more than 200 sites and have a 3,600-strong fleet of vehicles. Improved stock visibility and availability, reduction of lead times, collaborative warehousing and transport models, and an absolute commitment to continuous improvement, are just some of the reasons why many of our customer relationships extend to more than 20 years.
The site in Coleshill works supplying logistic solutions to manufacturers of consumer products including specific requirements like automation and co-packing.
A vacancy has arisen within a flagship Nestle Purina site in Hams Hall, working with Automated Machinery used to store and retrieve finished Goods products to meet Customer demands on time every time. The Engineering Team’s role is to ensure there are no equipment failures due to substandard maintenance standards for both Conveyor Infeed System, Conveyor Outfeed System and ASRS (Automated Storage and Retrieval Systems).
After your initial training your role will be diverse so that you will be able to:
• site activities but not exclusive to whilst working with a qualified Engineer you will be expected to achieve the following: -
• Ensure all planned preventative maintenance schedules are completed to high standards every time
• Carry out repairs/maintenance tasks, with a first-time fix approach
• Ensure any spares are booked out to the correct asset via the PPM system
• Ensure any Company Quality Health & Safety objectives and statutory obligations are adhered to at all time
• Will involve working at heights up to 30 metres (full training will be given)
• Deal with all breakdowns effectively ensuring any downtime is minimised
• Ensure spare parts availability by monitoring stock levels and re-ordered as necessary
• Communicate with Operations Team ensuring all planned preventative maintenance is scheduled efficiently
• Involved with insuring Key Performance Indicators are met and delivering a high level of customer service
• Be involved for the continual improvement of equipment
• Responsible for fault diagnosis and problem solving on all Material Handling Equipment ASRS Cranes/Conveyors.
• Small amount of Co-Packing machinery equipment to maintain