Ramfoam Ltd - Level 3 - CNC/CAD Engineering Apprentice
Location: Birmingham, B69 2NY
Salary: £240.00 per week
Sector: Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
Application Deadline Date: 15/01/2024
Start Date: 12/02/2024
Positions Available: 1
Working Week: Monday to Thursday: 7:45am to 4:45pm Friday: 7:45am to 13:45 (alternating Fridays off)
A great opportunity to work for one of the UK’s leading foam converters. Duties will include CAD based design and programming, setting and monitoring CNC machines & solving production/process problems.
CAD experience at School/College level
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Math's (Grade 4/C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Design/Science or similar (Grade 4/C) Essential
Organised, Creative, Patience, willingness to learn.
Communication, IT, Attention to detail, Maths, Team working, Initiative.
Training to be Provided
This 4 year programme will include:
• Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham
• NVQ Level 3 in Engineering
• A Technical Certificate (BTEC Diploma Level 3 in Engineering)
• In house training in line with your requirements.
Full Time Employment with future growth and development
National and International Travel
Ramfoam is a leading UK foam converter for military, retail, healthcare, aerospace and more. Delivering products and services across the UK, Europe and The Middle East.
We are looking for an apprentice to join our growing in-house CAD/CNC department in Dudley. This role will be working closely with production and sales to develop and manufacture new work while improving and streamlining existing processes.
As leaders in the sector, our customers provide an ever-evolving challenge. A mixture of computer base and hands on work ensures a broad spectrum of knowledge when it comes to foam conversion. In addition, there is opportunity for national travel but also international travel to Europe and The Middle East. i.e Trade shows or meeting customers.
Main duties will include but not limited to:
• Interpreting CAD drawings
• Creation of CAD drawings and production packs with the use of Solidworks and AlphaCAM
• Supporting the administration of projects, including maintaining records
• Independently managing work in progress / projects against timescales
• Contribute on production problem solving
• Setting and running CNC machines i.e., Milling, Waterjet, Presses, Laser
• Business improvement techniques
• Technical supports to sales/customer services
• New product development
Following completion of the apprenticeship, national and international travel may be required.