Barrett Steel LTD- Level 2 - CAD Technician Apprenticeship
Company: Barrett Steel LTD
Location: Birmingham, B69 3HU
Salary: £201.92 per week
Sector: Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
Application Deadline Date: 29/11/2023
Start Date: 30/12/2023
Positions Available: 1
Working Week: Year 1: Mon-Thurs 8am-4.30pm Fri 8am-12.30pm
As a developing CAD Technician, you will have the opportunity to become an integral part of the business in creating & producing digital drawings and programs for our CNC machines using customer specifications.
4 GCSE or equivalent A-C (Maths , English – essential)
• Be brave in trying new ways to improve our business, embracing change, and controlling risk.
• Collaborate and communicate effectively to build long term relationships.
• Inspire & engage people, taking ownership for your results.
• Take an interest in our industry, our external relationships and work out what this means for you now & in the future.
• Proficient verbal, written & numeracy skills.
• Good organisational skills including the ability to manage time and prioritise effectively.
• Confident computer skills
• Able to work independently and on own initiative.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• A positive flexible attitude and approach.
• Willing to learn new systems & contribute with ideas.
Training to be Provided
Level 2 Diploma in Engineering Operations
Level 2 Certificate in Engineering Operations
- Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
- Working efficiently and effectively in an engineering environment
- Using and communicating technical information
- Lean/Business Improvement
- Mechanical maintenance/assemblies
- General Machining, Fitting and Assembly Applications
- Bench Fitting
Relevant Workplace Training
Functional Skills (If required)
Please note that this Intermediate (Level 2) Apprenticeship will last for 12-18 months. It will involve spending one day per week at MAKE UK's state-of-the-art Training Hub in Aston, and four days per week at the employer's site for the duration of the apprenticeship.
Training and experience provided will open opportunities not only in the CAD office but commercial / sales , production, stock controlling and estimating departments.
We are seeking to employ and train 1 apprentice.
You will be highly trained to work in the world of manufacturing. The initial training will be broad based and could lead to a first appointment as a Cad Technician.
Key Role Responsibilities & Accountabilities
• Interpret, create & produce digital drawings from the customers specification & requirement.
• Programming for CNC Profile Machines such as:
• Creating and maintaining records on a controlled drawing system ensuring all information is up to date.
• Liaising with customers and interdepartmental teams to ensure accuracy of data.
• Produce accurate timing estimates in response to customers/product development.
• Checking off drawings created by other members of the team ensuring a high level of attention to detail is maintained to prevent incorrect programs being sent to machines.
This position is not a design job but a programming job for laser cutting machines that predominantly uses industry standard CAD software. It will involve some monotonous tasks and you will be required to work to tight lead times and in some cases pressurised environments.