Birmingham Stopper- Level 3 Toolmaker Apprenticeship
Company: Birmingham Stopper Ltd
Location: Birmingham, B18 6QU
Salary: £240.00 per week
Sector: Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
Application Deadline Date: 04/06/2024
Start Date: 09/09/2024
Positions Available: 1
Working Week: Year 1- Mon- Thurs 8am-4.30 Fri 8am-12.30pm
Working as a key individual on site at Birmingham Stopper to support and develop a robust maintenance program across the site.
The role will involve working with Press tools, welding equipment and fixtures, laser Cutting machines, skills will be developed to ensure the individual can support the tooling and fixtures used on site.
Maths – English Grade 4
Willingness to learn and develop on and off site, honest and trustworthy candidate who has the drive to succeed and grow with company.
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to demonstrate a clear interest in working in the manufacturing sector
- Can do attitude
- willing to learn and develop.
Training to be Provided
Together with invaluable commercial and practical experience, you’ll gain several academic and vocational qualifications throughout your time with us, which are fully paid for, including:
● Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence) – off the job full time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham in year 1
● Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence)
● Level 3 BTEC Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
● In house training in line with your requirements.
Great opportunities of future personal development on site.
During time on site at Birmingham Stopper you will start to support and develop a tooling maintenance program to cover the tools on site, this will continue to develop as you train and develop your core skills.
The aim is to develop a robust TPM system to protect and cover all tooling on site working with teams across business to ensure tools are identified, controlled and supported with PM.
You will also support with basic fixtures – repairs and using machinery once fully trained both at Make UK and on site at Birmingham Stopper.
• During the apprenticeship you will spend time on the working shop floor at Birmingham Stopper so must always work safe and ensure all required PPE is always worn. Follow guidelines and never work on a piece of equipment you have not been fully trained to use.
• Collaborating with the teams on site ensure good, clear, and robust communication is used at all times when requested support or agreeing projects on site, this is to ensure we take no risks and always plan machine reviews and maintenance programs in to avoid operational loss.
• You may be ask to support other projects on site at Birmingham Stopper so please ensure all safety measures are in place to support these and if you are ever concerns about starting any work, stop, do not continue and review with your site Mentor your concerns and agree a plan of action.
• Workbooks / Logbooks must be maintained across length of term for apprenticeship to support a clear plan of what is covered / projects completed and work status, this will also support the EP assessment and final exams.
Your site Mentor is in place to support this program, ensure PPE and HS is always complied with and you are working in a safe environment to protect you and the team on site.
1. Time and Attendance
2. Workbook – logbook maintained.
3. Sit and completed projects vs timelines set.
4. All Exams are fully attended as required.
5. Conduct Is respectful and professional at all times.
• Supported by Make UK you will undertake a L3 Maintenance program – apprenticeship over a 4-year period.
• Year 1 will be off site at Make UK with a split of 70/30 off site learning key skills.
• Year 2-3-4 will be on site at Birmingham Stopper with day release – exam time planned as needed to support and study for course and project details.
Full program and course content will be shared once course at Make UK starts.
• When based at “Make UK”, you will be representing Birmingham Stopper Ltd, so your personal conduct must always be professional and respectable at all times.
• Time and attendance are important to ensure you do not miss any study time.