Ibstock - Mechanical Maintenance Apprentice Engineer - Dorket Head Factory
Company: Ibstock Brick - Dorket Head Factory
Location: Nottingham, NG5 8PZ
Salary: £365.83 per week
Sector: Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
Application Deadline Date: 21/02/2024
Start Date: 09/09/2024
Positions Available: 1
Working Week: In year 1 - at Make UK - Mon - Thur 8am - 4.30pm and Fri 8am - 12.30pm
We're currently recruiting for two Mechanical Apprentice Engineers to join our team at our Dorket Head Factory. This is a chance to train for a highly skilled role, gain nationally recognised qualifications and get paid while you learn! Upon completion, you will have attained the skills and knowledge to start your career as a maintenance Engineer.
3 GCSEs at 9 – 4 / A* - C (5 or above preferred), must include maths, English language, and ideally Science, or equivalent related qualification.
Attention to detail
Customer care skills
Problem solving skills
Training to be Provided
Together with invaluable commercial and practical experience, you’ll gain several academic and vocational qualifications throughout your time with us, which are fully paid for, including:
● Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence) – off the job full time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham in year 1
● Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence)
● Level 3 BTEC Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
● In house training in line with your requirements.
Upon completion of the programme you will have attained the skills and knowledge to start your career with Ibstock Group as a fully qualified Maintenance Engineer.
From here, your future is your own, Ibstock will support you to reach your full potential.
PLEASE NOTE, TO APPLY, USE THE FOLLOWING LINK TO BE TAKEN TO THE IBSTOCK RECRUITMENT PORTAL. YOU APPLICATION WILL NOT BE SUBMITTED IF YOU APPLY THROUGH MAKE UK:
We are currently recruiting for Apprentice Engineers – Mechanical to join our team at our Dorket Head Factory in Nottinghamshire.
• Location: 20 minute drive from Bingham
- 25 minute drive from Nottingham City centre and Mansfield
- 30 minute drive from Ilkeston
• The programme will take 4 years to complete gaining an Engineering Technician – Mechatronics Maintenance Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship.
• The starting salary for this role is £19,023 per annum with yearly pay increases.
• This programme offers you the chance to train for a highly skilled role, gain a nationally recognised qualification and get paid while you learn!
• Upon completion of the programme you will have attained the skills and knowledge to start your career with Ibstock Group as a fully qualified Engineer.
• During the first year you will attend MAKE UK Training School full time studying the BTEC Level 3 together with hands-on practical activities to complete your Level 2 Diploma. This first year will require you to stay in Birmingham during term time. (All travel and hotel costs are covered by Ibstock plc).
WE ARE 200 years of history and over 2,300 employees strong. WE ARE a business loaded with opportunity and career progression. WE ARE innovators, designers, makers and engineers who manufacture and provide smart, efficient, and effective building products and solutions.
Through our customer relationships, diverse building product range and solutions, we enable the creation of inspirational homes, places and spaces for us all to live and work better. With eight core product categories, underpinned by expert design and technical services, we work with architects, builders, merchants and the wider construction supply chain to build the face of Britain.
We are fully committed to a net zero future and continue to invest in expertise and product development to manufacture more efficiently and sustainably. We pride ourselves on leading for new, innovative and sustainable products and solutions, both for today and for a new era of building.
What will you be doing?
• As a Mechanical Apprentice, you will be supporting the Engineers with the maintenance of the plant and equipment within the factory and undertaking preventative maintenance tasks.
• At college you will be studying subjects to give you the appropriate knowledge and skills to carry out these tasks such as Engineering Maintenance Procedures and Techniques, Applications of Mechanical Systems and Electro, Pneumatic and Hydraulic Systems and Devices to name but a few.
• You will enter information into a planned maintenance system, and you will support the collection and analysis of production data, so computer skills will be essential.
• You will be responsible for familiarising yourself with Ibstock Policies and Procedures in your particular area, and to work within the Health and Safety parameters within the factory.
• It is essential that you have a practical hands-on approach to completing these tasks, and you will need good organisational skills to enable you to manage the range of tasks competing for attention.
• A full UK driving licence is advantageous, with the flexibility to travel across the country if required.
• You will be staying in Birmingham all week during your first year, in a hotel, with the other apprentices.
• Once your apprenticeship has finished you may be expected to work shifts including nights