Ibstock - Dual Skilled Maintenance Apprentice Engineer - Nostell Factory
Company: Ibstock Brick - Nostell Factory
Location: Wakefield, WF41 QH
Salary: £365.83 per week
Sector: Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
Application Deadline Date: 21/02/2024
Start Date: 09/09/2024
Positions Available: 1
Working Week: In year 1 - at Make UK - Mon - Thur 8am - 4.30pm and Fri 8am - 12.30pm
We're currently recruiting for a Dual-skilled Apprentice Engineer to join our team at our Nostell Factory. This is a chance to train for a highly skilled role, gain nationally recognised qualifications and get paid while you learn! Upon completion, you will have attained the skills and knowledge to start your career as a maintenance Engineer.
3 GCSEs at 9 – 4 / A* - C (5 or above preferred), must include maths, English language, and ideally Science, or equivalent related qualification.
Attention to detail
Customer care skills
Problem solving skills
Training to be Provided
Together with invaluable commercial and practical experience, you’ll gain several academic and vocational qualifications throughout your time with us, which are fully paid for, including:
● Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence) – off the job full time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham in year 1
● Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence)
● Level 3 BTEC Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
● In house training in line with your requirements.
Upon completion of the programme you will have attained the skills and knowledge to start your career with Ibstock Group as a fully qualified Maintenance Engineer.
From here, your future is your own, Ibstock will support you to reach your full potential.
PLEASE NOTE, TO APPLY, USE THE FOLLOWING LINK TO BE TAKEN TO THE IBSTOCK RECRUITMENT PORTAL. YOU APPLICATION WILL NOT BE SUBMITTED IF YOU APPLY THROUGH MAKE UK:
We are currently recruiting for Dual Skilled Apprentice Engineers to join our team at our Nostell Factory in Nostell, Wakefield.
• Location: 15 minute drive from Pontefract.
- 20 minute drive from Wakefield.
- 35 minute drive from Leeds City Centre.
• The programme will take 4 years to complete gaining an Engineering Technician – Mechatronics Maintenance Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship.
• The starting salary for this role is £19,023 per annum with annual pay increases upon successful completion of each year.
• This programme offers you the chance to train for a highly skilled role, gain a nationally recognised qualification and get paid while you learn!
• Upon completion of the programme you will have attained the skills and knowledge to start your career with Ibstock Group as a fully qualified Engineer.
• During the first year you will attend MAKE UK Training School full time which will require you to stay in Birmingham during term time. (All travel and hotel costs are covered by Ibstock plc).
Ibstock plc is a market leading manufacturer and partner of choice for innovative clay and concrete building products, building the face of Britain for over 200 years. Our purpose is to build a better world, by being at the heart of building - underpinned by our ambition to be the most sustainable manufacturer of clay and concrete products & solutions in the UK. We have put addressing climate change and improving lives at the centre of our sustainability work. We are passionate about the recruitment and development of talented individuals so that we can continue to surpass our customers’ expectations.
What will you be doing?
• As a Dual-Skilled Apprentice, you will be supporting the Engineers with the maintenance of the plant and equipment within the factory and undertaking preventative maintenance tasks.
• At college you will be studying subjects to give you the appropriate knowledge and skills to carry out these tasks, such as Electronic Fault Finding, Features and Applications of Electrical Machines, and Principles and Operations of Three Phase Systems to name but a few.
• In addition, going forward you will also study a number of Mechanical units in both your knowledge and competency qualifications such as Maintaining Mechanical Equipment and Mechanical Fault Diagnosis.
• You will input information into a planned maintenance system, and you will support the collection and analysis of production data, so computer skills will be necessary.
• It is essential that you have a practical hands-on approach to completing these tasks, and you will need good organisational skills to enable you to manage the range of tasks competing for attention.
• A full UK driving licence is advantageous, with the flexibility to travel across the country if required.
• You will be staying in Birmingham all week during your first year, in a hotel, with the other apprentices.
• Once your apprenticeship has finished you may be expected to work shifts including nights