Birmingham Stopper- Level 3 Process Engineering Apprenticeship
Company: Birmingham Stopper Ltd
Location: Birmingham, B18 6QU
Salary: £240.00 per week
Sector: Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
Application Deadline Date: 04/06/2024
Start Date: 09/09/2024
Positions Available: 1
Working Week: Year 1- Mon- Thurs 8am-4.30 Fri 8am-12.30pm
During time on site at Birmingham Stopper you will start to support and develop process timings, time studies, costing, process evaluation, process flows and how to complete quotations for customers.
Maths – English Grade 4
Willingness to learn and develop on and off site, honest and trustworthy candidate who has the drive to succeed and grow with company.
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to demonstrate a clear interest in working in the manufacturing sector
- Can do attitude
- willing to learn and develop.
Training to be Provided
Together with invaluable commercial and practical experience, you’ll gain several academic and vocational qualifications throughout your time with us, which are fully paid for, including:
● Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence) – off the job full time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham in year 1
● Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence)
● Level 3 BTEC Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
● In house training in line with your requirements.
Great opportunities of future personal development on site.
• Collaborating with teams to improve efficiency and reduce downtime where possible creating a lean workflow.
• Developing a time study program to ensure current work is running at rate quoted and capacity planning for site is true which is supported by timed processes.
• Learn to read technical drawings and understand tolerancing and engineering symbols.
The aim of the role is to develop a robust lean principal on site reducing off standards and improving overall efficiency. Collaborating with the commercial team you will be a client-driven person always representing Birmingham Stopper in a professional manner.
• During the apprenticeship you will spend time on the working shop floor at Birmingham Stopper so must always work safe and ensure all required PPE is always worn. Follow guidelines and never work on a piece of equipment you have not been fully trained to use.
• Collaborating with the teams on site ensure good, clear, and robust communication is always used when requested support or agreeing projects on site, this is to ensure we take no risks and always plan reviews and improvements required as a team with full communication and team sign off.
• You will spend time in each area of the business to ensure you have a solid foundation of all processes and opportunities on site.
• You may be ask to support other projects on site at Birmingham Stopper so please ensure all safety measures are in place to support these and if you are ever concerned about starting any work, stop, do not continue and review with your site Mentor your concerns and agree a plan of action.
Your site Mentor is in place to support this program, ensure PPE and HS is always complied with and you are working in a safe environment to protect you and the team on site.
1. Time and Attendance
2. Workbook – logbook maintained.
3. Sit and completed projects vs timelines set.
4. All Exams are fully attended as required.
5. Conduct Is respectful and professional at all times.
• Supported by Make UK you will undertake a L3 Maintenance program – apprenticeship over a 4-year period.
• Year 1 will be off site at Make UK with a split of 70/30 off site learning key skills.
• Year 2-3-4 will be on site at Birmingham Stopper with day release – exam time planned as needed to support and study for course and project details.
Full program and course content will be shared once course at Make UK starts.
• When based at “Make UK”, you will be representing Birmingham Stopper Ltd, so your personal conduct must always be professional and respectable at all times.
• Time and attendance are important to ensure you do not miss any study time.