TNA Europe - Level 3 - Technical Support Engineering Apprenticeship
Company: TNA Solutions Ltd
Location: Birmingham, B32 3DE
Salary: £300.00 per week
Sector: Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
Application Deadline Date: 31/05/2024
Start Date: 16/09/2024
Positions Available: 1
Working Week: At TNA - Mon - Fri - 8:30am - 5pm (with 1 hour lunch break)
We have an exciting opportunity to gain an Apprenticeship, we offer hands on experience and opportunities to travel alongside gaining your qualifications.
We are seeking an Apprentice Technical Support Engineer, with responsibility providing technical customer support, reporting, circuit board repairs and machine overhauls.
GCSE Grade 4 / C or above in Maths
GCSE Grade 4 / C or above in Science
Motivated with a ‘can-do’ attitude
Team player but also ability to work unaided
Methodical and well organised
Ability to develop, build and maintain strong relationships
Willingness to travel
Interest in electrical/mechanical/electronic work
Good communication skills
Good problem solving skills
Calm under pressure and methodical
Hands on approach
Training to be Provided
Together with invaluable commercial and practical experience, you’ll gain several academic and vocational qualifications throughout your time with us, which are fully paid for, including:
● Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence) – off the job full time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham in year 1
● Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence)
● Level 3 BTEC Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
● In house training in line with your requirements.
Following successful completion of your Apprenticeship, you will progress to a full-time employed position within the business as a Technical Support Engineer. We are keen to develop individuals internally and previous Apprentices have also moved into Management roles within the company.
tna Solutions is a leading global packaging machinery manufacturer who offer innovative packaging, distribution and processing solutions across over 120 countries. Our ultimate goal is to be the first choice supplier of processing, distribution and packaging systems.
We are seeking an Apprentice Technical Support Engineer, with responsibility for carrying out product trials, installations, commissioning, maintenance and on-going support at client sites. Specific responsibilities will include;
• Provision of first, second and third line support in respect to customer queries and/or breakdowns
• Attending to customer’s request for technical assistance either by phone or site visits within agreed timeframes
• Generation of reports on all service visits and technical issues
• Working to support the Sales and Project Management teams on prospective capital investment and future installation
• Carrying out internal repairs to circuit boards
• Internal machines overhauls to meet customers’ demands
• Pre-build of packaging equipment
We are looking for candidates who can identify with TNA values including being a team player, passionate, professional, committed, honest and treat people with dignity and respect.
In exchange for your dedication we offer a generous salary of £300 per week when at TNA, Company pension scheme (employer 7%, employee 2%), Death in Service, 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, birthday leave extra day off
The job involves an element of travelling, you will join our experienced Engineers and attend our customer sites to assist with installations and breakdowns. The travel will be within the UK and Europe so you must have an interest in travel and hold a UK passport.
Interviews will be held in person at our Birmingham office during June 2024