Erodex UK - Level 3 - Apprentice Grinder Engineering Technician
Company: Erodex UK Ltd
Location: Wednesbury, WS10 8BL
Salary: £273.75 per week
Sector: Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
Application Deadline Date: 03/06/2024
Start Date: 09/09/2024
Positions Available: 1
Working Week: Year 1 Mon - Thurs 08:00-16:30 Fri 08:00-12:30
To train as an Engineering Apprentice Technician, specifically as a Grinder.
One or more of the following:
• A-Levels in Maths or Physics at grade B or higher
• Level 3 Engineering qualification
• Maths, English, Science GCSE Grades 6+
We are looking for someone that would like to become an Engineer and is interested in Engineering.
You must have a ‘can do’ attitude, be willing to learn and undertake any
training required for the role, both internal & external.
You must have good analytical and problem-solving skills.
The apprentice will have a practical nature, so you must be a person who enjoys / has a desire to work in a hands-on role in mechanical Engineering with a mathematical mindset.
He/She will work in a small team – it is essential you can work within an established team, whilst being a good, clear communicator. Good timekeeping is essential, and you must be flexible to work in line with overtime availability.
- Problem solving
- Team player, fitting in with an established team
- Good communication
Training to be Provided
Together with invaluable commercial and practical experience, you’ll gain several academic and vocational qualifications throughout your time with us, which are fully paid for, including:
● Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence) – off the job full time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham in year 1
● Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence)
● Level 3 BTEC Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
● In house training in line with your requirements.
We are looking to train the next generation of Engineering talent within our state-of-the-art Machining Facility. Through this comprehensive Apprenticeship you will progress from Level 3 to Degree level, upon completion you will gain a full time position within our production department.
You will undertake a structured training program of workshop work and academic study to gain the required skills and knowledge to support the requirements of a leading well-established supplier of graphite machining services to the Aerospace industry. The successful individual will gain first-hand experience of, but not limited to the following:
• Working in aerospace facility to exacting quality standards
• Manufacturing to customer drawings and tight tolerancing
• Manufacturing of tooling and fixtures for bespoke items
• Working on CNC and Manual Surface Grinders
• Carrying our through process inspection using a wide array of Inspection equipment from hand held to CMM
Being flexible to work in line with overtime availability is essential.
Please note: We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.