Kuka - Level 3 - Field Service & Maintenance Engineer
Company: KUKA UK Limited
Location: Halesowen, B62 8AN
Salary: £198.00 per week
Sector: Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
Application Deadline Date: 03/06/2024
Start Date: 09/09/2024
Positions Available: 1
Working Week: Mon - Fri - 8:30 - 16:30
To provide all Production delivery aspects changing Fit, Form and Function to the Product Realisation process also Facilitate Maintenance of Production Plant & Equipment for KUKA Systems Ltd and to provide fault finding and maintenance of robotic automation equipment for KUKA Robotics UK Ltd.
GCSE Grade 4 or above in English and Maths
• Must have a professional approach dealing with customers, Suppliers and colleagues.
• Practical Hands on approach
Excellent communication skills, written, reading and oral
Good IT Skills & Outlook
Good observation skills and eye for detail
Confident, good teamwork and ethics behaviours
Good numeracy skills
Must to be willing to travel internationally, eventually
Training to be Provided
Together with invaluable commercial and practical experience, you’ll gain several academic and vocational qualifications throughout your time with us, which are fully paid for, including:
● Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence) – off the job full time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham in year 1
● Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence)
● Level 3 BTEC Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
● In house training in line with your requirements.
Qualified Field Service Engineer.
International travel (KUKA Systems UK Ltd), UK Travel (KUKA Robotics UK Ltd)
Progression into various roles and engineering routes.
KUKA AG is an internationally active company with sales of around 3 billion euro. Every day, roughly 13,200 KUKA employees at our headquarters in Augsburg and around the world work to ensure that we remain one of the world’s leading suppliers of intelligent automation solutions. Our international customers come from, among other sectors, the automotive industry and general industry. KUKA offers you everything from a single source: from the individual components to fully automated systems.
- Gold Standard Accredited Kitemark Employer
- Europe’s biggest Producer of Industrial Robots\Automation and Global Leader in Large Friction Welders
- International Travel
In the United Kingdom, KUKA operates from two locations in the West Midlands – Wednesbury and Halesowen. Each of these locations represents a KUKA division. In addition to sharing a region, the two locations have one other thing in common: their passion for KUKA as a company and its technological innovation
During your apprenticeship, you will be working towards the following competencies:
- In depth support from specialists and Technical Mentors to support the apprentice in developing the skills required for a Field Service and Commissioning Engineers
• Develop good General Engineering workshop equipment skills Turning, Milling, Grinding, Drilling to enable processing, fitting or assembling Mechanical features of new or Inservice products as required
• Mechanical & Assembly hand fitting skills to produce and assemble components as required
• An understanding of Machinery Fluid Systems (Hydraulic, Pneumatic and lubrication) and the pipe fitting skills to facilitate addition of these features to new or in-service machines
• To have a good understanding of machinery Electrical architecture (Cabling, Trucking, Conduit, and Panel Assembly to facilitate installation and maintenance of these features on new or inservice machines as required
• Develop knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)s, being skilled in the use of PLC diagnostic tools to effect root cause analysis and implement countermeasure repairs
• Gain knowledge of Product and Material British Standards and other relevant Regulations applicable to the role
• A clear understanding and interpretation of Mechanical, Electrical, PLC, Hydraulic & Pneumatic Drawings and other product related documentation, to enable processing, fitting or assembling of Mechanical, Electrical, Hydraulic & Pneumatic features of new or in-service machine
• British National Citizenship
• Must be willing to Travel to undertake role.
In addition to the salary you will receive:
2. Healthcare and Medical
3. Wellbeing support