Mecalac Construction Equipment- Level 3- Electrical/Mechanical Design Engineering Apprenticeship
Company: Mecalac Construction Equipment UK Ltd
Location: Coventry, CV6 6PB
Salary: £403.85 per week
Sector: Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
Application Deadline Date: 03/06/2024
Start Date: 09/09/2024
Positions Available: 1
Working Week: Year 1: Mon-Thurs 8AM-4.30PM Fri 8AM-12.30PM
Your role will be to provide design engineering capability to a variety of engineering activities and projects which have been assigned to Mecalac UK’s Design Engineering Centre.
5 GCSE's at Grade C ( Grade 4/5 in the new numerical GCSE grading system) or above, including Mathematics and English as well as a Science, Technology or Engineering related subject
AND 90+ credits in an Engineering BTEC at level 3.
Be a team player, hands on approach, integrity and trust, enthusiastic approach to work
Ability to work independently and within a team, planning and priority setting
Training to be Provided
• NVQ Level 4
• A Technical Certificate (HNC)
• In house training in line with your requirements.
• Employment Rights and Responsibilities
• Personal, learning and thinking skills award
Upon completing the apprenticeship, there would be a possibility for candidates to progress into a full-time, permanent Design Engineer, either Mechanical or Electrical.
[Insert description] This should include an introductory paragraph followed by bullet points covering the sorts of tasks, which the apprentice will be expected to complete on a regular basis; what sort of environment will they be working in; any other details you feel may be of interest. Do remember that people reading this may not understand our world of manufacturing so it may help to keep acronyms to a minimum.
Please keep it relatively brief, remember you only have 30 seconds to make your point before the candidate moves on.
Below are some of your main duties and responsibilities you will be doing on a day-to-day basis:
• You will be supporting the conceptual development for new products.
• You will participate in maintaining relevant engineering processes and procedures
• Supporting the identification of business opportunities
• You will be problem solving on existing products and product improvement
• You will be working alongside the customer on product development ensuring delivery of solutions to meet the customer’s requirements
• You will be actively participating in business unit improvement activities
• 33 days holiday (including public holidays)
• Life Assurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee Discounts and Wellbeing Support