Mecalac Construction Equipment- Level 3- Field Service Apprenticeship
Company: Mecalac Construction Equipment UK Ltd
Location: Coventry, CV6 6PB
Salary: £403.85 per week
Sector: Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
Application Deadline Date: 03/06/2024
Start Date: 09/09/2024
Positions Available: 1
Working Week: Year 1: Mon-Thurs 8am-4.30pm Fri 8am-12.30pm
Your role will be to provide technical service repairs for all Coventry built Construction products sold within the United Kingdom. You will be visiting a range of customers and dealers across the United Kingdom to communicate and help them with technical issues.
5 GCSE's at Grade C ( Grade 4/5 in the new numerical GCSE grading system) or above, including Mathematics and English as well as a Science, Technology or Engineering related subject
AND 90+ credits in an Engineering BTEC at level 3.
Good interpersonal skills, ability to work as part of a global team, ability to remain composed in tough times
Problem investigation and resolution skills and techniques, ability to prioritise and plan workload in advance so as to meet demands from role.
Training to be Provided
• NVQ Level 4
• A Technical Certificate (HNC)
• In house training in line with your requirements.
• Employment Rights and Responsibilities
• Personal, learning and thinking skills award
Upon completing the apprenticeship, there would be a possibility for candidates to progress into a full-time, permanent Field Service Engineer.
Below will be some of your main duties and responsibilities you will be doing on a day-to-day basis:
• You will be attending and repairing technical faults or breakdowns on Coventry produced equipment (Dumpers, TV Rollers, Pedestrian Rollers and Trailers) across the UK.
• You will be generating a technical report to Mecalac Coventry helpdesk detailing the fault(s) found and repair method utilised to ensure in-field issues are clearly understood by providing all necessary information on those issues
• You will be supporting with machine repairs or re-work within our Coventry site
• You will be providing technical support to Mecalac Aftermarket Team Member’s. dealers and customers using the phone and email
Within this role, it requires extensive UK travel and potentially working outdoors in all weathers on particular occasions.