Hadley - Level 3 - Apprentice Commissioning Engineer
Company: Hadley Group
Location: Birmingham, B66 2PA
Salary: £251.85 per week
Sector: Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
Application Deadline Date: 30/04/2024
Start Date: 16/09/2024
Positions Available: 1
Working Week: Year 1 - Mon - Thur - 8am - 4.30pm Fri - 8am - 12.30pm
To acquire the skills, knowledge and competence to effectively appraise the performance of new tooling or new plant and equipment, ensuring the performance is within or exceeds the requirements as specified by the customer. Ensuring any operating procedures are fully documented for future reference and train others as required.
3 GCSEs at 9 – 4 / A* - C (5 or above preferred), must include maths, English language, and ideally Science, or equivalent related qualification.
• Demonstrates commitment to corporate values
• Attention to detail
• Ability to follow instruction
• Ability to work as a member of a team
• Good work ethic/reliable
• Embraces personal challenge
• Able to work with new technologies.
• Is self-aware
• Excellent communication skills
• Promotes the company at all times.
• Work under pressure
• Engages interest and participation of others and has a collaborative approach to working together
• High levels of motivation and action orientated
• Critical thinker, uses logic, reasoning and experience to identify solutions
• Able to determine causes of errors and decide/implement corrective action
• Active listener – gives full attention to what others are saying, taking time to understand, ask appropriate questions and not interrupt
• Active learner – understands implications of new information for both current/future problem solving and decision making
• Quality, 5S, housekeeping mindset
• Optimistic and open to change
• Civil, courteous and co-operative to colleagues, clients suppliers
• Maintain standard of dress & personal hygiene acceptable to the company
Training to be Provided
Together with invaluable commercial and practical experience, you’ll gain several academic and vocational qualifications throughout your time with us, which are fully paid for, including:
● Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence) – off the job full time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham in year 1
● Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence)
● Level 3 BTEC Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
● In house training in line with your requirements.
Once qualified you will become a fully skilled Commissioning Engineer
The Hadley Group is a privately owned multi-million pound British company, founded in 1964 by Philip Hadley, which is a large producer of cold rolled steel sections and allied products.
• Make full use of the training placement available within Hadley Group Technology.
• Gain relevant skills and job knowledge through the apprenticeship training scheme.
• Achieve relevant training qualifications for future job role.
• Attend regular training progress review meetings with Managers and Trainers.
• Attend day release college courses to achieve relevant technical certificates relating to apprentice job role.
• Record job reports for allocated placement and complete training checklists for future reference in the log book/portfolio.
• Promote good health and safety within every training placement.
• Commission New Tooling and / or New Equipment to confirm conformance to Customer requirements.
• Complete Production Paperwork in accordance with BSI requirements to facilitate future performance etc.
• Train others in the best operating practices for New Tooling and New Plant etc.
• Be willing to travel to all Hadley Group Sites to support in the introduction of new products and conduct any necessary training.
• Follow company Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures, advising management of any improvements required.
• Maintain a good standard housekeeping using the 5S technique.
• Strive to improve operating methods to minimise cost and improve efficiencies, adapting to the use of new technologies as they become available.
• Follow Company quality procedures as per quality manuals, ensue timely and effective corrective actions are taken to resolve any non-conformances
• Carry out any other duties within the capability of the job holder.
There will be occasional UK wide travel to other Hadley sites