Job Title : Atlas Copco - Service Engineer - Advanced Apprenticeship (Northern England - NE or NW)
Employer : Atlas Copco (South Shields)
Location : South Shields, Tyne and Wear, NE34 9PZ
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Engineering Technician
Sector : Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00111
Brief Description : Are you looking to develop your engineering knowledge working with a market leader, whilst training for a technical certificate and NVQ?
Qualifications Required : Essential 5 GCSEs at 9 – 4 / A* - C (5 or above preferred), must include maths, English language, and ideally Science, or equivalent related qualification.
Vacancy Detail : Atlas Copco compressors forms part of the Atlas Copco group, which was established in Sweden in 1873. The operations within the UK are, for the most part, dedicated to sales and service.
What does the scheme involve?
• Studying towards a full engineering apprenticeship by successfully completing all external assessments.
• Working in the field with qualified service engineers in order to gain valuable on the job experience.
• Carrying out servicing and maintenance on customer machines, diagnosing mechanical and electrical faults.
• Ordering spare parts for service orders, liaising with internal teams.
• Performing related duties as and when required
What will the job involve?
• To gain knowledge and understanding of other aspects of the Company’s operations by participating in Company assigned training / projects as part of the Apprentice Development Programme
• Gain practical operational experience on all aspects of field engineering by assisting a Field Service Engineer to minimise downtime on fault call outs and respond promptly and efficiently to fault call outs
• To achieve a satisfactory level of competence to carry out first and second line maintenance on any equipment
• To accurately fill in timesheets and complete reports required by Atlas Copco management
• To assist with the installation or commissioning of equipment
• To ensure that all relevant working practices comply with the statutory Health and Safety at Work Act and with the and other external customer requirements as applicable
• To achieve a satisfactory level of competence in order to carry out repairs to module level on site and component level in the workshop
• To assist with the delivery and/or collection of equipment parts from site to Atlas Copco or other locations as required
• To assist with stock control or fault control
• To aim at achieving and maintaining standards of quality compatible with ISO 9002
• Comply with security in accordance with established policies and procedures of the organisations
What will your personal development include?
Over a period of 4 years, you will have the opportunity to gain:
A National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) (equivalent in Scotland)
Vocationally achieved – opportunity for you to demonstrate competence in a working environment.
A wide variety of transferable skills, relevant to an everyday working environment, including:
Communication, Numeracy, IT Skills, Working with others
A Technical Certificate (knowledge based vocationally related qualifications)
Delivered alongside NVQ
Includes some form of external assessment, which may include:
Case study work
Centrally set projects or assignments
Why does our apprenticeship scheme stand out?
• You will have a skilled mentor from day 1, dedicated to providing quality on the job training.
• We will provide you with a company laptop and mobile phone to keep you connected out in the field.
• You will also have a company van, which you can use for personal use (personal fuel is not paid for).
• We have positive team-working atmosphere, encouraging innovation and collaboration.
• We provide full PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), because your safety is our priority.
• Ongoing support – Regular contact with your team through monthly ‘Toolbox’ meetings, plus a dedicated Regional Team Leader within your geographical region.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Mon-Thurs 8am-16:30pm Fri 8am-12:30pm Total Hours 37.5 Hours
Salary : £270.83 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 15/09/2019
Possible Start Date : 04/11/2019
Personal Qualities : • Have at least 5 GCSE, grades 9-4 including English, Maths and Science.
• An interest and basic knowledge in engineering or mechanical processes.
• Be willing to study away from home for periods over the 4-years.
• Have good computer literacy skills, including a working knowledge of Word & Excel
Skills Required : • Have good computer literacy skills, including a working knowledge of Word & Excel
• Be strong communicator with the ability to express ideas and receive and exchange information clearly
• Be customer focused with the ability to maintain a good level of customer satisfaction and taking action when needed to meet the expectations of the customer.
• Have the ability to showcase critical thinking, and the ability to identify alternatives to current thinking, in order to develop and implement innovative solutions to problems.
• Be committed, and hardworking, willing to invest in their own future with this great opportunity.
Training to be Provided : • Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham
• NVQ Level 3 in Engineering
• A Technical Certificate (BTEC Diploma Level 3 in Engineering)
• In house training in line with your requirements.
Other Information : *Please note that this role will be based in Northern England, either in the North East or North West*
Things to consider : Please ensure you have a clean full UK driving licence (held for a minimum of 1 year).
*Please note that this role will be based in Northern England, either in the North East or North West*
The map below shows the employer's location